Health & Safety Alert: The City of Westfield’s risk level for the mosquito-borne Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) illness has been elevated to high. In addition to sharing and encouraging individual precautions with the campus community, the University has rescheduled outdoor campus activities to avoid the hours between dusk and dawn, until further notice. More Information×
Sigma Delta Pi, the National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society, is a non-profit organization incorporated in the State of South Carolina, a member of the Association of College Honor Societies and partners with the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese, Estudio Internacional Sampere, the Instituto Universitario de Investigación en Estudios Norteamericanos Benjamin Franklin, the International Association of Hispanists and the North American Academy of the Spanish Language. Founded at the University of California, Berkeley in 1919.
The Westfield State University chapter is Rho Delta.
We were founded in 1987.
The purposes of the Society are:
Active membership shall be limited to college students who have demonstrated high scholarship in general and excellence in the academic study of Spanish. Specifically, they must meet the following requirements:
1. Each must have completed three years of study of college-level Spanish (eighteen semester credit hours) or the equivalent thereof, including at least three semester hours of a course in Hispanic literature or Hispanic culture and civilization at the junior (third-year) level. A student may be admitted to active membership while still enrolled in the second junior-level course if all other requirements have been met and if the instructor of the course certifies that the student’s work is of “B” or “A” quality.
2. The candidate for active membership must have a minimal grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale in all Spanish courses taken.
3. The candidate must rank in the upper 35% of his/her class–sophomore, junior, or senior–and must have completed at least three semesters or five quarters of college work.
4. Graduate students who have been unconditionally admitted to a degree-granting program may be elected to membership upon completion of two graduate courses in Spanish with an average which, if continued, will make them eligible for a graduate degree.
5. Sigma Delta Pi shall not discriminate on any basis prohibited by law.
l-r: Dr. Juan Pablo Rivera, Dr. Enrique Morales-Diaz, Daniel Walsh, Kristen Sherwood, Robert Blackie, , Ron'na J'Q Lytle, Jessica Goheen, Scott Sponseller, Brandon Palladino, Dr. Kathleen McIntosh
l-r: Dr. Enrique Morales-Diaz, Andrew Beaulieu, , Nicole Bradley, Jacqueline Desmarais, Jared Senatore, ,Scott Sponseller, Michelle Babineau, Miguel Tejada, , Dr. Kathleen McIntosh, Dr Juan Pablo Rivera
l-r kneeling: Yezenia Santos, Tiffany Carter, Merissa Fulchino
l-r: Stefanny M. Alecon, Katelyn Sheridan, Albert Munoz, Angelina Reynoso, Rosemarry Torres, Professor Michael Guzman, Dr. Hugo Viera
l-r: Marleni Ventura, Ashley A. Dutton, Stefanny M. Alecon, Professor Mikee Guzman, Yenny M. Hernández, Katelyn Sheridan, Katelyn K. Campetti, Jeremy R. Burns, Stephanie E. Nuñez, Marisa N. Parmeggiani, Dr. Hugo Viera, Dr. Enrique Morales-Diaz
l-r: Silvana Rua, Dominique Wells, Marissa Wheeler, Andreina Urena, Marisa N. Parmeggiani, Dr. Hugo Viera, Professor Gabriel Guadalupe, Majorie Rodriquez, Alex Doming, Professor Michael Guzman, Sierra Biaz, Dr. Enrique Morales-Diaz, Jaquelyn Luna, Lauren Larison, Daisy Pardo, Rosemarry Torres, Belitza Perez, Katelyn Sheridan
l-r: Professor Christina Beaubien, Professor Michael Guzmna, Daisy Padro, Dr. Hugo Viera, Blanca Moreno. Alex Doming, Tyler Normandin, Sierra Bias, Josie Flecha, Morgan Suddeth, Silvana Rua, Professor Gabriel Guadalupe, Belitza Perez, Dr. Enrique Morales-Diaz
l-r: Dr. Enrique Morales-Diaz, Néstor Hernández, Lauren N. Stornelli, Yarelys N. Martinez, Dr. Hugo Viera, Rehana Yusif, Tatyana Villegas, Nicholas S. Cox, María del Pilar Hastings, Professor Christina Beaubien, Professor Michael Guzman, Hope K. Nadeau, Kelly E. Juliano
l-r: back row: