The charge to the All University Committee is provided in the MSCA Bargaining Agreement, (Article VII, B, 5) excerpted and quoted directly below.
Responsibilities of the All-University Committee
The All-University Committee shall encourage the participation of all members of the bargaining unit, members of the University administration, and members of the student body in the process of decision making. The Committee shall be the primary agency for coordinating and implementing such participation in accordance with the provisions of this Article. Whenever any matter is submitted by any person who is a member of the university community for consideration by the All-University Committee or any standing committee, such matter shall be submitted to the All-University Committee and shall thereafter be promptly referred by the Committee to such standing committee, if any, within whose purview such matter falls; provided, however, that in the event that there shall be no standing committee within whose purview such matter falls, the All-University Committee shall, in accordance with Section D(3) hereof, refer such matter to an ad hoc committee. Such assignments to standing committees shall be made in accordance with the duties of such committees as they are hereinafter set forth.
More information regarding the specific responsibilities of the All University Committee can be found in the MSCA Bargaining Agreement, (Article VII, B, 5).
Membership 2017-2018 Academic Year
- Dr. Susan Chuku
- Dr. Jennifer DiGrazia
- Brian Hubbard
- Dr. Megan Kennedy
- Dr. Enrique Morales-Diaz*
- Dr. Kristen Porter
- Dr. Lynn Shelley**
- Dr. Karsten Theis
- Brendan McKee (Student Representative)
- Sammantha Dorazio (Student Representative)
- Hanna Christ (Student Representative)
**AUC Chair, Fall 2017
*AUC Chair, Spring 2018
- Robert’s Rules of Order will be followed only if invoked by a member of the committee.
- A quorum shall be at least 8 members of the All-University Committee (henceforth called the Committee), including at least one student and at least one administrator. The absence of all students or all administrators will not block quorum provided the Chair receives notification from each member of a group (student or administrator) of their absence together with their explicit waiver of quorum or the name of an alternate. Should quorum not be established due to lack of such notification, no group (student nor administrator) can block quorum for two consecutive meetings.
- All items to be included on the agenda of the committee’s regularly scheduled meetings shall be submitted, together with all necessary backup information or documentation, to the Chair of the Committee by electronic communication or email arriving in their office. In any case, the Chair must receive the item no later than five business days preceding the regularly scheduled meeting: the Chair has the discretion to wave this requirement.
- The Chair shall notify all Committee members, Department Chairs and Program Directors, the Presidnet of the Univrsity , the SGA office, the MSCA office and other appropriate persons of any meeting of the Committee no less than two business days before such a meeting. Such notice shall also be sent to all faculty and staff, and it shall include the agenda for the meeting, minutes from the previous meeting, and a current tracking log. All committee members should receive any supporting materials not previously distributed (which may be distributed electronically or sent by University mail) no less than two business days before the meeting.
- Any time the Committee receives minutes or reports from a standing committee that any member of the Committee feels will require immediate action, a special meeting of the Committee may be called by making a request to the Chair. Notice will be given to Committee members no less than two working days prior to the special meeting.
- Following the approval of minutes and the chair’s report, and before the beginning of the substance of any proposal, AUC must identify the committee or committees to which any proposal received since the last AUC meeting shall be sent. If no appropriate committee exists, AUC must create an ad hoc committee.
- All new business items must be submitted to the Chair in accordance with By-Law 3.
- These By-Laws are to remain in effect unless amended/replaced by the Committee or any successor.