Safe Zone Program Mission Statement:
The mission of the Safe Zone program at Westfield State University is to improve visibility and support for LGBTQQ students and employees by identifying and training a network of allies who are sensitive and affirmative to the needs of the LGBTQIA community on campus. Through education, advocacy, and awareness, these allies will be empowered to speak out against homophobia and transphobia, confront heterosexist assumptions, and promote a safe, confidential, and supportive environment for all members of the University community. We seek to improve WSU’s climate by inspiring a vision of diversity that is aware of, engaged in, and appreciative of the issues related to sexual orientation and gender identity/expression.
Interested in learning more? Or want to schedule a training session?
Please contact the Chairs of the Safe Zone Committee
Charlotte Capogna-Amias, Senior Program Coordinator
Hillary M. Sackett-Assistant Professor Economics and Business Management
Safe Zone Committee 2017
- Allison Gagne- Apartment Complex Area Coordinator
- Nicholas Cream- Courtney Hall Residence Director
- Kelly Hart- Director of Admissions
- Katie Wahls- Dickinson Hall Residence Director
- Jennifer Gould- Assistant Director of Residential Life
- Chaitali J. Brahmbhatt, M.Ed., Academic Counselor, Urban Education