The Student Ambassadors are a stellar group of students sanctioned by the Office of the President to knowledgeably promote the positive image of the University through leadership and interpersonal relations.
2013-2014 Student Ambassadors
Being a Student Ambassador at Westfield State University is an honor and a privilege; students were chosen for this position based on leadership skills they exhibited both on campus and in their personal lives.
The motto of the Ambassadors is:
LEARN DO BE First we learn, Then we practice, Only then do we become.
- When we practice the behaviors of listening, we can hear clearly
- Wen we practice the behaviors of respect, we care truly
- When we practice the behaviors of courage, we become courageous
- When we practice the behaviors of courageous leadership, we lead powerfully and respectfully
- Then, when others learn and practice, we collectively become an admirable community.
Student Ambassador Commitments and Activities Include:
- Attend weekly meetings
- Attend mandatory special on and off campus events
- Lead campus tours
- Willingness to learn historical and general interest information about Westfield State.
- Willingness to work as a team member and to actively participate in all Ambassador events.
- Willingness to connect with Westfield State to facilitate stronger connections as alumni
- Community outreach projects
- Bi-Annual Student Ambassador Reunion
Student Ambassador Perks Include:
- Opportunity to learn from and work with the Westfield State President, Board of Trustees and Westfield State Foundation members.
- Unparalleled experience working with community members, public speaking, and participating in leadership programs.