SEI (Sheltered English Immersion) Teacher’s Endorsement Courses
Westfield State University is offering graduate credits to teachers taking the SEI endorsement course through their school districts.
SEI Endorsement Course
3 graduate credits
SEI Bridge Course I - Long Course
2 graduate credits
SEI Bridge Course II - Short Course
1 graduate credit
Please complete one of the following registration forms:
SEI Endorsement Registration Form
SEI Bridge Course I - Long Registration Form
SEI Bridge Course II - Short Registration Form
- Please send your completed registration form along with payment to: Westfield State University/DGCE, Attn: Meaghan Arena, 577 Western Avenue PO Box 1630, Westfield, MA 01085.
- Students are encouraged to submit a registration form as soon as possible, but there is no deadline for submission. You may still submit the registration form to receive graduate credits even if your class has ended.
- Questions can be directed to Meaghan Arena, Associate Dean, at email@example.com or Jessica Tansey, Program Development Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Payment:
- The total cost is $125, $100, or $75, depending on course registration. This does not include the cost of a transcript (see below).
- Payment is due at the time of registration. Your registration form will not be processed and you will not be eligible to receive credits until your payment is received.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy:
- Your payment for this class is non-refundable.
- University policies surrounding withdrawals and refunds do not apply to the SEI Teacher’s Endorsement Courses due to student registration for graduate credits after the completion of the course. No refunds will be given for this course.
Grades & Transcript Requests:
- Grades will be made available to students once Westfield State University receives an official grade report from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Students may request a transcript at any time, however please note your transcript may not be available until 1 week after grades have been reported to the University.
- Grades will be reported to University according to the following schedule:
Course end date Grades reported by December 31, 2013 or earlier January 31, 2014 January 1 - February 28, 2014 April 30, 2014 March 1 - June 30, 2014 August 31, 2014
- Students must receive a grade of B- or better in order to receive graduate credits.
- Pass/fail is not an option for this course.
- To request a transcript, please fill out this form. Transcripts cost $2 for normal processing (2 – 4 business days), or $5 for 24-hour processing. Checks and money orders are payable to Westfield State University.