Looking for a job? Browse the following links and get your job search started!
- Job Hunting Online http://www.jobhuntersbible.com/
- America's Job Bank http://www.ajb.dni.us/
- Hot Jobs http://www.hotjobs.com/
- America's Job Bank http://www.jobsearch.org/
- Career Builder http://www.careerbuilder.com/index.ctm
- Job Seeker Homepage http://www.headhunter.net/
- Students and Alumni http://www.jobtrack.com/
- Nation Job Network http://www.nationjob.com/
- Peace Corps http://www.peacecorps.gov/home.html
- YMCA of the USA http://www.ymca.net/
- Massachusetts Chapter of the American Planning Association http://www.massapa.org/employ_search.htm
- American Planning Association International Division http://interplan.org/html/index.html
- Engineering Central http://www.engcen.com/
- APA Jobs Online http://www.planning.org/jobs
- ASLA Job Listings http://www.asla.org/nonmembers/joblink_listing.cfm?requesttimeout=500
- Cyburbia Planning Job Listings http://cyburbia.ap.buffalo.edu/pairc/wwwboard_planning_job_listings.html
- Planner's Network http://www.plannersnetwork.org/
- Salary Survey for Planners http://www.planning.org/salary
State and Local Government
- State and Local Government on Net http://www.piperinfo.com/state/index.cfm
- State and Local Government Gateway http://www.statelocal.gov/
- State and Local Governments (Library of Congress) http://www.loc.gov/global/state/stategov.html
- Federal Job Search and Application Form http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/bla.htm
- Federal Employment USDA http://www.fs.fed.us/people/employ
- Federal Government Employment Opportunities http://federaljobs.net/employme.htm
- Student Employment Opportunities In Federal Government http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/b4.htm
- Environmental Jobs and Careers http://www.ejobs.org/
- Geological Resources Division http://www.aqd.nps.gov/grd/geojob/index.htm
- US Department of Environmental Management http://www.em.doe.gov/jobs
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/a9fws.htm
- National Wetlands Inventory http://www.nwi.fws.gov/other.htm
- US Fish and Wildlife Forensics Lab http://www.lab.fws.gov/jobs/jobs/htm
- Bureau of Land Management http://www.blm.gov/nhp/info/employment.html
- Department of Agriculture http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/a9ag.htm
- Forest Service http://www.fs.fed.us/people/employ
- Student Conservation Association http://www.sca-inc.org/vol/vol.htm
- National Registry of Environmental Professionals http://www.nrep.org/jobbank.htm
- Environmental Careers Organization http://www.eco.org/
- NOAA http://www.noaa.gov/jobs/html
- The National Marine Fisheries Service http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/employ/default.htm
- Office of Oceanic and Atmosphere Research http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/a9noaa.htm
- Atlantic Oceanographic & Meteorological Laboratory http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/eeo/localcareer.html
- Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/engineering/edd-jobs.html
- NOAA Great Lakes Environmental Research Lab http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pr/ssfp/cur/
- Air Resources Laboratory http://www.arl.noaa.gov/employ/index.html
- The Climate Diagnostics Center http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/cdc/jobs
- National Severe Storms Laboratory http://www.nssl.noaa.gov/employ.shtml
- NOAA Career Opportunities in Pacific and Atlantic Fleets http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/E156.htm
Parks and Recreation Employment
- National Park Service (Park Net) http://www.nps.gov/personnel
- National Park Service NatureNet http://www.sep.nps.gov/
- Outdoor Jobs http://www.jobsearch.about.com/msuboutdoor.htm
- Active Parks http://www.activeparks.org//news/career.cfm
- Aqua Web Job Board http://www.aquaweb.org/jobs
- Directory of Convention and Visitor's Bureaus http://www.iacvb.org/destdir.iacvb.html
- Hotels and Travel on the Net http://www.hotelstravel.com/
- Hospitality Job Fair http://www.vtopia.com/inndirect/jobs
- Mountain Zone http://www.mountainzone.com/resorts
- National Sports Jobs Weekly http://www.sportsjobs.com/
- Parks, Water Parks, Theme Parks and Amusement Parks http://parks.thelinks.com/
- Jobs at National and State Parks http://usparks.about.com/cs/jobs/index.htm/
- Resort Recreation and Tourism Management Internship Program http://www.rrtm.com/
- SkiCentral http://www.skicentral.com/employment.html
- American Recreation Coalition http://www.funoutdoors.com/arc
- The Ecotourism Society http://www.ecotourism.org/
- National Parks and Conservation Association http://www.npc.org/jobs
- National Recreation and Parks Association http://activeparks.org/education/
- Student Conservation Association http://www.sca-inc.org/vol/vol.htm
Amherst Planning Department
4 Boltwood Ave., Amherst, MA 01002. Tel. 413-256-4040 Fax: 413-256-4041. Zoning revisions, master planning (visioning process), mapping and natural resource inventory, and housing affordability studies. Preferred skills: data collection and analysis, meeting facilitator, GIS mapping, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
Westfield, MA, Tel. 413-572-6275. Conduct environmental impact assessment of the vegetation and animal habitats on the airport grounds. Preferred skills: environmental impact statement preparation, technical report writing, site location/environmental analysis and assessment fieldwork, and data entry computer skills.
Berkshire County Regional Planning Commission
33 Dunham Mall, Pittsfield, MA 01201-6207. Tel. 413-442-1521 Fax. 413-442-1523. Master planning, neighborhood assessment plans, vacancy rate inventories. Preferred skills: data gathering/analysis/synthesis, GIS, report writing.
Central Massachusetts Regional Planning Commission
35 Harvard Street, 2nd Floor, Worcester, MA., 01609-2801. Tel. 508-756-7717 email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Transportation Impact Studies (collection of existent traffic data from on-site fieldwork, predicted project data from computer models, hazards and collision police data, environmental impacts from new projects), transportation demand management studies including public transportation plans for the Worcester metropolitan area, and specific site location work related to the historic Union Station project. Preferred skills: Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, data entry computer skills, technical report writing, traffic count and trip generation and assignment modeling.
Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection
79 Elm St., Hartford, CT 06106-5127. Tel. 860-424-3954. Air quality analysis research/studies, environmental legislation and regulations applications pertaining to air pollution emission controls, permitting process for businesses and industries in non-compliance, legal court case review on air contamination infringement, fieldwork and site inspections to determine polluters/case study review for Superfund legislation enactment. Preferred skills: Legal research and court case review, statutory knowledge, permitting processes and file review, and report writing.
Conti Fisheries and Wildlife Sunderland Office
Contact: 413-548-8002 ext. 22 Fax. 413-548-9746. Ecological inventory/video of the salmon habitat. Preferred skills: wetlands delineation, natural resource inventory skills, mapping, and technical writing.
Danvers Planning and Human Services Department
1 Sylvan Street, Danvers, MA 01923. Tel. 978-777-0001 ext.3021 Fax. 978-762-0215. The open space intern for this position will work on public access to the waterfront and will assist in other conservation projects in the department. Some other projects include interpretive signage for the open space parcels, trail mapping project, and open space parcel inventory. Preferred skills: wetlands delineation, plant identification, landscaping, and mapping.
Ellington, CT Planning Department
Tel. 860-871-1057. Tax assessment/valuation study for town (update tax roles), economic impact study of proposed business and industrial projects, collect data for housing affordability and market study, attend zoning revision sub-committee meetings, note-taking at planning board meetings, and developing & analyzing a survey of attitudes about open space planning. Preferred skills: Data collection, synthesis and analysis skills, knowledge of model zoning bylaws for affordable housing, and environmental impact assessment and cost benefit analysis skills.
Enfield, CT Planning Department
Tel. 860-253-6356 Fax. 860-253-6310. Land use classification and natural resources inventory mapping, GIS mapping of soil horizons, topographic features and zoning districts, data collection and analysis of survey for open space plan for the town, housing and market analysis studies & economic development plans for area. Preferred skills: GIS computer applications skills, data gathering for open space plan, knowledge of farmland regulations/deed restrictions of tax abatement under CT laws.
Holyoke Planning Department
High Street, Holyoke, MA. Tel. 413-534-2240 Fax. 413-533-9699. Community development, neighborhood assessment analysis, data entry for housing grant, fieldwork for condition surveys, business inventory and vacancy rates studies. Preferred skills: computer data entry, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, technical report writing.
57 Suffolk Street, Holyoke. Tel. 413-536-4611 Fax. 413-538-9716. Americore- work with neighborhood groups promoting social awareness, community policing, grant writing, and conduct neighborhood assessment studies. Preferred skills: criminal justice dual major, mediation and collaboration work with youth groups.
Holyoke: Save Historic Holyoke
383 Dwight Street, Open Square Complex, Suite 402, Holyoke, MA 01040. Tel. 413-534-5551 Fax. 413-532-5278 email. email@example.com. 45 Taylor St, Holyoke, MA 01040 (413-532-4561). Historic preservation/ restoration of buildings in Holyoke.
Lowell Arena and Civic Stadium Commission
Wannalancit Mills, 600 Suffolk Street, 5th Floor, Lowell, MA 01854. Contact: Donna Spellissy, Admin. Assistant, Tel.978-454-6746 Fax. 978-454-2527. Review and make addendum changes to various blueprints for Riverwalk Project in Lowell, catalogue a list of various "as built" drawings, blueprints and plans for Tsongas Arena, and attend planning board meetings. Preferred skills: Data gathering, artistic rendering review, mapping, and urban design review.
Martha's Vineyard Commission
General Delivery, 79 Circuit Ave., Oak Bluffs, MA. Tel. 508-693-3453. Master plan update for island, economic development and tourism study and plan, beach erosion analysis, affordable housing index review. Preferred skills: Data collection and analysis, commercial/tourism & business training, economic modeling and cost-effective scenarios for recreation and tourist facilities, zoning bylaw revisions writing, technical report writing.
Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
536 Dwight Street, Springfield, MA. Tel. 413-784-1100x 217) Fax. 413-784-1149. Water Quality Division, Air Quality Division, Hazardous Materials & Waste Management Section. Preferred skills: environmental/technical report writing, site location field analysis, legal research/ permitting processes review, regulations and statutes applications, data entry, and Geographic Informations Systems(GIS) computer skills.
Northampton Planning Department
Main Street, Northampton, MA. Tel. 413-587-1265 Fax. 413-587-1264. Master planning, CBD vacancy rate study, parking garage study, land trust inventory. Preferred skills: data collection and analysis, technical report writing, GIS, computer data entry, Microsoft Excel, fieldwork, and wetlands delineation.
North County Community Development Corporation
Union Street, North Adams, MA. 01247. Tel. 413-664-6369. Work on business mentoring program to meet requirements of enterprise zones. Preferred skills: data gathering, neighborhood assessment analysis.
Nueva Esperanza, Inc.
Holyoke. Tel. 413-533-9442. Economic development research, inventory of vacant businesses, proposals to revitalize commercial district. Preferred skills: Spanish language fluency, economic modeling & development/cost benefit analysis skills, business courses.
Pioneer Valley Planning Commission(PVPC)
26 Central St., West Springfield, MA. Tel. 413-781-6045 Fax. 413-732-2593. Land Use Dept: Data collection, and mapping for regional land use study. Preferred skills: Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, GIS, computer mapping, traffic count and analysis skills.
Pioneer Valley Planning Commission(PVPC)
26 Central Street, West Springfield, MA 01089-2787. Summer Internships(Paid) Tel. 413-781-6045) Fax. 413-732-2593. Summer internships available in the Transportation Department. All interested students are encouraged to submit a resume to above address. Paid positions, either full or part-time. Preferred skills: Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, computer entry data, traffic counts, traffic modeling software packages.
Prophesy Transportation Software, Inc.
West Newberry Rd. Bloomfield, CT. Tel. 800-776-6706 ext. 318 Fax. 860-243-2619. Maintaining proprietary cartographic database using MapInfo, adding cities and roads to database, contacting state and federal agencies for current data via the internet and phone, trouble shooting software, contacting Prophesy vendors for specified information.
Southeast Regional Planning & Economic Development (SERPED)
Broadway, Taunton, MA. Tel. 508-824-1367. General land use planning, growth management applications, open space and master planning mapping, inventory and plan development. Preferred skills: data collection, analysis, and conclusions, survey measurement and analysis.
Springfield Planning Deptartment
Court Square, Springfield, MA. Tel. 413-787-6020 Fax. 413-787-6524. Conduct master plan inventory studies, collect data for entertainment zone district, and assist with Riverfront Development Project (Basketball Hall of Fame). Preferred skills: Data collection, fieldwork and site assessment skills, GIS, zoning revision, technical report writing.
400 Western Ave., Westfield, MA 01086. Tel.413-568-9312. Vegetation and Habitat Plan for Stanley Park. Preferred skills: biological inventory, site analysis assessment.
Tighe and Bond
53 Southampton Road, Westfield, MA. Tel. 413-562-1600 Fax. 413-562-5317. Environmental Impact Statements preparation, GIS mapping, technical reports, permit preparation, and on-site fieldwork to identify wetlands and assess impacts from specified projects. Preferred skills: Environmental impact assessment and site location analysis skills, technical report writing, legal research of environmental statutes and regulations, and knowledge of wetlands plants/endangered habitat species.
Village of Lombard, Economic Development Department
255 East Wilson Avenue, Lombard, Ilinois, 60148-3931. Tel. 630-620-5752). Master planning, open space planning, business vacancy rate studies. Preferred skills: technical report writing, GIS, data entry and Microsoft Excel, economic modeling, and cost-benefit analysis studies. Postings for paid internships, as well as entry level planner.
Westfield Department of Community Development and Planning
Municipal Building, 59 Court Street, Westfield, MA 01085. Tel. 413-572-6246 Fax. 413-568-6850. Potential Site Analysis for new projects for Westfield; zoning board of appeals and subdivision reviews update. Preferred skills: Data collection, synthesis and analysis, open space planning inventory, downtown business vacancy study, housing condition, and survey design and analysis skills.
West Springfield Community Development/Planning Deptartment
26 Central Street, West Springfield (Municipal Office). Tel. 413-263-3045 Fax. 413-263-3043). Community Development (263-3271)/Planning Department. Housing condition survey and plan for Merrick Neighborhood. Preferred skills: Condition survey and analysis, GIS and land classification mapping skills, master planning data gathering.
- NOAA Home Page
- Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research
- Current Solar Images at NASA's SDAC Archive
- The Aurora Borealis Page at MTU
- Storm Chasing
- National Hurricane Center
- University of Illinois WX site
- Northeast River Forecast Center, Taunton (MA)
- Chasing the Storm: Weather Photography
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Medicinal Plants.
- U.S. National Park Service
- Welcome to Planet Earth
- California Academy of Sciences Museum Map
- WSU Biology Department
- AVHRR Ocean Pathfinder Home Page
- Ocean Planet Homepage
- JPL Physical Oceanography Archive
- Yahoo's Rivers, Oceans and other Water Resources
- Westfield River Watershed Association (Protecting Massachusetts' First Wild and Scenic River)
- United States Geological Survey Home Page
- Physical Geography Resources
- Volcano World
- CVO Photo Archives
- USGS Earthquake Site
Other Geography Links
- Mother of All Global Change Sites
- Information Center for the Environment (ICE)
- Map Sites on the Web
- Map Projections
- More Resources for Geographers
- Yahoo's Geography Subject List
- U-TEX/Austin, Geography Department
- CU/Boulder, Department of Geography
- A List of Geography Departments throughout the U.S.
- APA Planning website
- History of Planning
- Planners Web
- Environmental Urban Planning
- City Planning and Landscape Architecture Library
- Planning Related Essays
- UNC Planning Links
- Planning and Design Institute
- Urban Planning Now
- Urban Photos
- Car Free
- Smart Growth
- Transportation and Markets
- Innovative Urban Planning
- Sustainable Development
- Atlantic City Expressway
- Smart Growth Network
- Transportation Planners Guide to Smart Growth
- Urban needs mobility project
- St Cloud Area Planning
- Center For Neighborhood Technology
- U.S.Census Bureau
- Urban planning links
- Sprawl City
- Wayne State University
- Census Online
- Census Links
- Online Census Finder
- Tiger Map Server
- Census Tools
Urban Design Links