Information for Incoming Students for Fall 2019
- Always sign in at: mywestfield on WSU’s website: https://my.westfield.ma.edu
- After logging into myWestfield, click on the “Campus Life” tab.
- Click on the link that appears as follows:
This link brings you to EverFi’s website, the company that provides these courses. Once there you must choose from one of three groups from a drop down menu. IT IS IMPERATIVE YOU CHOOSE THE CORRECT GROUP. YOU MUST CHOOSE Day Student - First Year from the menu. If you fail to choose the correct group, your progress will be unable to be tracked and will not count.
4. Always return to the course through the link in myWestfield.
In order to gather necessary and useful data, completion of both courses is requested by 5 PM on Friday, September 6, 2019. Successful completion of AlcoholEdu requires a passing score of 70. There will be an anticipated user fee of $100, which will be waived if both courses are completed by October 31, 2018. If you still have not completed the courses going into the Spring 2019 semester, your registration for Fall 2020 courses will be blocked and your transcripts will be held until such time as you complete both of these courses.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course(s) in multiple sittings.
The courses may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
Should you experience technical problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course and choose “higher ed” as the course type.
Brian P. Cahillane, MS, JD, LICSW
Westfield State University
577 Western Avenue
Westfield MA, 01086-1630