Our Orientation Leaders (OLs) are role models as well as sources of support and information for the new first-year and transfer students. They play a major role in facilitating the adjustment of new students to the Westfield State University community. They share accurate information about academic, personal, and social resources and serve as a mentor for incoming students!
Student Leaders are responsible for:
- Leading discussion groups with incoming students
- Facilitating activities to encourage students to make connections
- Explaining academic opportunities and procedures
- Promoting extra curricular activities and social programs
- Acquainting new students with campus services and building locations
- Assisting in the preparation of Orientation activities and materials
Hiring for the Orientation Leader position will begin in January 2019. Check out the Join our team page for information.