Welcome Transfer Students!
We are excited that you have decided to join the Westfield State Community to continue your degree!
As a Transfer student, you are invited to join us for Transfer Advising and Registration. This event offers you the opportunity to have a meeting with a faculty member from your chosen major or with an Academic Advisor if you are still exploring to talk about your course schedule and to finish registering for classes. There are also some business items that our staff will help you take care of while on campus. The program is required for all incoming students and is an opportunity for you to meet with faculty and get your schedule situated for Spring courses.
Fall 2019 Transfer Advising and Registration Days
Wednesday, June 5th AND Thursday, June 6th, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The main focus of the day will be your advising appointment and your schedule for the day will revolve around the time of your appointment. Prior to advising you will be pre-registered by your department chair into required courses based on your transfer credit evaluation. You will have an opportunity to review your schedule and make adjustments with your advisor during the advising appointment.
All the appointments will be scheduled on a rolling basis. Some departments may only schedule individual appointments, while larger departments may schedule group appointments and then provide time for individual advising. Please use the How Do I Make an Appointment? section below to learn how this process works. You will need to make sure to look for an email message that will be sent to your Westfield State University email address with your specific advsiing appointment information, registration details, and information about the Transfer Advising & Registration program.
- When you arrive to campus, please park in the Commuter Lot just off of Western Avenue at the traffic light.
- Once on campus, your first stop will be Parenzo Hall. Please look out for balloons and signs leading you to Parenzo Lobby, just inside the main entrance.
- Please arrive to campus at least 15-20 minutes prior to your advising appointment to check-in. You will need time to get your materials before heading out to find your advisor.
- You will receive a list of business items to take care of throughout the day. Our staff will be availabel to help you complete these.
Making an appointment for Transfer Advising and Registration is easy!
- Log into MyWestfield. If you have not activated your account yet, follow these steps:
- Click here: Activate My Account
- Login using the following schema: John Smith A12345678
- username: i.e. jsmith5678
- password: i.e. A12345678
- As part of the activation process, you are required to establish 3 security questions
- Once you have an account, watch this short video that walks you through the process of how to sign up for your advising appointment.