As centuries-long injustices against black and brown persons continue today, the University remains committed to supporting and educating students, faculty and staff on our mission and values centered on inclusion, diversity and equity. Read more


Westfield State University was recently made aware of disturbing social media matters. We take these matters seriously and the University is assessing and addressing them under appropriate policies and procedures. Read President Torrecilha’s message to the campus community on this matter.


Massachusetts State Tuition Waiver Programs

Students who are attending Massachusetts public colleges and universities must complete an appropriate year Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and comply with all other requirements in order to receive consideration for the following tuition waiver programs that are under the purview of the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education:

The following non need-based Tuition Waivers require FAFSA completion:

  • Paul E. Tsongas Scholarship Tuition Waiver
  • Washington Center Program
  • Department of Children and Families Adopted Child Tuition Waiver and Fee Assistance Program
  • Department of Children and Families Foster Child Tuition Waiver and Fee Assistance Program
  • Valedictorian Tuition Waiver
  • Stanley Koplik Certificate of Master Tuition Waiver
  • John and Abigail Adams Scholarship Tuition Waiver
  • Children of Fallen Service Members Tuition and Fee Waiver

The following Massachusetts Categorical Tuition Waivers do not require FAFSA completion unless the student is also applying for need-based financial aid in the same academic terms:

  • Veteran Tuition Waiver
  • Native American Tuition Waiver
  • Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver
  • Member of Armed Forces Tuition Waiver
  • Client of the Massachusetts Rehabilitation or Commission for the Blind Tuition Waiver

Recipients of Massachusetts Categorical Tuition Waivers who do not submit a FAFSA will be required to submit an Westfield State University Student Affidavit form. This can be found on the Tuition & Financial Aid webpage.