Westfield State is closely monitoring the Coronavirus situation and planning appropriate responses. Visit our Coronavirus Update page

Science Center

Giving Societies

The Westfield State Foundation acknowledges the gifts of those whose financial support has bolstered its work to enhance all aspects of life at the University through memberships in two prestigious societies.

The Horace Mann Legacy Society

Membership in the Horace Mann Legacy Society reflects Westfield State’s founder’s belief in the value of service. It recognizes those who have remembered the University through bequests, annuities, charitable trusts and other methods of planned giving.

Horace Mann Society membership is entirely voluntary with no minimum gift level, age, dues or obligations.

Its benefits include:

  • An invitation to “Sweet Success,” our annual donor appreciation evening, at which you will meet Westfield State students, faculty and administrators, who have benefitted from your generosity.
  • Special invitations to campus events, which demonstrate the variety and richness of the Westfield State experience.
  • Updates and reports noting advancements at the university and how your intentions are being met.

The Davis-Bates Society

Members of the Davis-Bates Society have demonstrated five or more years of consecutive giving to the University. Reverend Emerson Davis, pastor of Westfield’s First Congregational Church and William Gelson Bates, a Westfield attorney and State Representative led the campaign to move the Normal School at Barre to Westfield, thereby establishing the forerunner of Westfield State.

Davis-Bates Society members receive invitations to “Sweet Success” and other special campus events. Additionally, members will receive regular updates and reports detailing developments on campus and how the philanthropy of our most loyal donors is helping to shape and define the future of the University.

Visit the following links for more information on planned giving and other ways to support the mission of Westfield State, or call (413) 572-8645.