(Accompanists will be provided for all voice auditions.)
- Two (2) memorized solo selections in a total of two languages
- One (1) in English
- One (1) in another language other than English (Italian, German, French, Spanish)
Suggested literature is listed below. Applicants are by no means limited to the material listed. Please note: Selections from musical theatre and popular music are not acceptable for entrance into the music program as a voice major.
- English: American folk songs or sacred songs or selections from beginners anthologies such as Pathways of Song (ed. Christy), First Book of Solos(ed. Boytim).
- Italian: Selections from 26 Italian songs and arias or other Italian collections 16th- 19th Centuries, single composer collections such as Donaudy, Tosti, Vivaldi, Scarlatti.
- German: Brief, simpler selections of Schubert, Schumann, Brahms, Mendelssohn Lieder
- French: Brief, accessible mélodie of Chausson, Chaminade, Faure, Hahn
- Spanish: Folk song settings of Spanish songs, de Falla, Rodrigo, Nin
8 - 16 bars of mainly stepwise motion without modulation. Remain in your starting key, sing all scale degrees accurately. Perform rhythms correctly, establish and maintain a beat and meter. Any system is acceptable, solfeggio, numbers, single syllable, etc. Self-conducting while performing rhythmic examples is encouraged.