New Celebration Website!
April 21, 2023 Spring CURCA Celebration of Undergraduate Research and Creative Projects - In Person
Location; Ely Hall 1 - 4pm
- Schedule of day's events will be made available after registration closes
- March 20 - 31 Registration: LINK CLOSED
- 250 Word abstract due at time of registration. Please proof read all information as we do not edit.
- IF YOU ARE CONDUCTING HUMAN STUDIES, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE AN APPROVED IRB APPLICATION PRIOR TO STARTING YOUR STUDY. IF YOU ARE CONDUCTING ANIMAL STUDIES, IACUC APPROVAL IS REQUIRED BEFORE YOU BEGIN YOUR WORK. WE CAN'T ACCEPT OR DISPLAY ANY WORK THAT IS NOT COMPLIANT WITH IRB OR IACUC REGULATIONS.
- For more information on IRB
- For more information on IACUC
- March 31 - April 10 - Online submission of posters for printing
- Poster and your photograph submission link - CLOSED. Submitting your photo is optional.
- Poster guideline for design and submission
- Poster sizes can be 36"x42" or 42"x42". Please proof-read all submissions as we do not edit. CURCA will cover printing charge for first print, second print is charged to your department.
- Registered students and faculty mentors will receive a letter with details/instructions Nov. 17.
- Abstract writing and poster designing workshops - TBA
CURCA Celebration Poster and Project Tips, Tools, & Workshops:
- Helpful site for poster layout
- Helpful tools for designing a poster - PDF
- Poster Template
- Preparing yourself for poster presentation
- March 22, 5 pm - CURCA abstract writing workshop, led by Professor Catherine Savini, Reading and Writing Center Director. Come for editorial help or to get started. Zoom link: https://westfield-ma.zoom.us/j/92203578201
- March 29, 11:30 - 12:30pm Dower 166 - Poster graphic design, led by Professor George Ramirez. Learn how to create beautiful templates for your poster, do's and don'ts for font, organization, and layouts. Lunch provided.
- March 30, 11:30 - 12:30pm SCI 304 - Poster design, led by Professor Amanda Salacinski & Dr. Lamis Jarvinen. Learn formatting and content for a successful poster. Come for help or to get started. Lunch provided.
April 28, 2023 - Virtual Massachusetts Undergraduate Research Conference (MassURC)
You will need to submit a video recording of your research
Video tutorial for how to use screen cast O matic to record
February 8, 5 pm - CURCA abstract writing workshop, led by Professor Catherine Savini, Reading and Writing Center Director. Come for editorial help or to get started. Zoom link: https://westfield-ma.zoom.us/j/92203578201
REASONS TO PARTICIPATE
- Adapt your CURCA project to UMass conference
- Gain experience presenting your research to a large general and academic audiences.
- Exchange ideas with other undergraduate scholars.
- Receive feedback from faculty members and peers in your field.
- Enhance your résumé, including your professional online profile
Feb 8, 5 pm - CURCA abstract writing workshop, led by Professor Catherine Savini, Reading and Writing Center Director.
- Come for editorial help or to get started
- Zoom link: https://westfield-ma.zoom.us/j/92203578201
Browse Our Previous Conferences (curca.westfield.ma.edu/celebration-archive)
- Spring 2021 Celebration Projects/Presentations
- Spring 2021 Celebration Booklet
- Fall 2020 Celebration Booklet
- Fall 2020 Virtual CURCA Celebration Site
- Spring 2020 Celebration booklet & cover
- Powerpoint of CURCA celebration - large file
- Powerpoint of CURCA celebration - condensed file
- Fall 2019 Celebration booklet & Cover
- Spring 2019 Celebration booklet & Cover
- Fall 2018 Celebration booklet & Cover Page
- Spring 2018 Celebration
- Spring 2017 Celebration
- Fall 2017 Celebration
- Spring 2016 Celebration