Facilities & Operations Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Whom do I call for emergency / after hours building problems?

During business hours, please call 413-572-5278 for assistance. After 5:00 p.m. on weekdays, or on weekends and holidays, please call University Police at 413-572-5262 for Academic or Athletic building issues.

If you are a student in a Residence Hall needing help with a building related issue, please contact the staff member on duty assistance. They should evaluate the scope and severity of the situation and then contact the proper person. For non-urgent issues, students can enter a Maintenance Request via their My Housing account.

Q.  How can I renovate some office, storage, or other space for my needs?

A document should be prepared outlining the space under consideration, an outline of the requested changes, reasons for the change and other pertinent information to the Department Chair and/or Vice President for approval and funding. This document should then be forwarded to Facilities and Operations. We will examine the project requested for building code issues, environmental or operational impact,  resource availability, and other related building concerns. When these have been satisfied, a Work Project and timetable will be created for project completion.

Q. How do I submit a Work Order for general repairs, set ups, moves, etc.?

Work Orders are now submitted electronically. The web site is: www.myschoolbuilding.com. First time users can request an account by completing this SchoolDude Account Request Form. New account requests will be processed within 48 business hours. After you are successfully logged in, you may submit work orders as needed. Emergencies should be phoned in to Facilities and Operations at 413-572-5278 during normal business hours. For emergencies out side of normal business hours, please call University Police at 413-572-5262.

Q. Where do I park if I am a vendor or salesperson?

All vendors and salespersons should proceed to Public Safety (White House on Western Ave.) for the appropriate vehicle pass. An explanation of acceptable spaces will be provided.

Q. How do I fix a telephone problem?

Telephone problems are handled with a work order, or through Information Technology Services at 413-572-5582.

Q. Where would I request assistance with a computer problem?  

Staff and faculty computer issues may be addressed by the Information Technology Help Desk at 413-572-4357.

Q. How do I acquire keys I need for my work?

Keys should be requested with an electronic Work Order and approved by the Department Head. Our Locksmith will then manufacture the approved keys and deliver via the inter-department mail.

Q. How do I acquire signage for a special event or for permanent placement? What is the University’s policy for posting signs?

A. If you are reserving a room for an event, indicate the signage requested on the Conference Services reservation form (online). 

B. Signs for student/employee attended school events will be restricted to the building (exterior) hosting the event.

C. Requests for signs for events expecting public participation should be submitted to the Copy Center, providing at least a 10 day lead time. There is a maximum allowance of 3 signs per event.

D. If you are posting hand written/copied signs throughout the campus, use of bulletin boards and approved hallway areas are acceptable. Please do not post signs in stairwells or building entry areas as this is a violation of fire codes. Posting policies for residence hall spaces can be found in the Student Handbook

E. Exterior electronic sign usage can be coordinated through the Campus Center by calling 413-572-5648.

F. Permanent room or name sign requests should be submitted to Facilities via the on line SchoolDude Work Order system.