Westfield State University is one of hundreds of institutions nationwide asking every member of their first year class to complete AlcoholEdu – a non-opinionated, science-based course taken by hundreds of thousands of students each year. Whether or not you drink, AlcoholEdu empowers students to make well-informed decisions and provides some simple strategies to help keep you and your friends safe.
What is AlcoholEdu for College?
AlcoholEDU offers a confidential, personalized experience for each student.
The course includes:
- Alcohol-related content featuring videos, blogs, IM chats, comics, and more
- Helpful tools, like a Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) calculator and map of US laws
- Safe partying strategies and tips for helping a friend
Learn more about AlcoholEdu for college: www.everfi.com/alcoholedu-for-college
Why AlcoholEdu for College?
Surveys from more than 200,000 students who completed AlcoholEdu for College showed the impact of the program.
After taking the course:
- 75% said AlcoholEdu provided them with helpful information and 66% said it helped them learn new facts about alcohol
- 77% reported AlcoholEdu prepared them to identify the signs of alcohol poisoning
- 64% said the information presented about BAC would help guide them in creating a plan for making safe and healthy decisions
*Data collected from incoming college freshmen the summer of 2008.