Required health documents for attending Westfield State University are listed below. Students fill out page 1 of the health form*. Page 2 is completed by your healthcare provider OR a copy of your most recent physical and immunization list can be submitted in lieu of provider completing form. When complete, upload to required health documents link on Health Services home page (preferred method). Forms can also be mailed to Westfield State University Health Services, 577 Western Ave, Westfield, MA 01086 or faxed to 413-572-5545.
NCAA student athletes should refer to WSU Athletics required medical forms page for additional requirements.
Required Health Documents
- * Health Form
- TB Risk Assessment Form
- ** Meningococcal Information and Waiver Form
- Proof of COVID vaccination and booster
- Tdap (1 dose within past 10 years)
- Hepatitis B (3 doses). Serologic proof of immunity also accepted
- MMR (measles/mumps/rubella). 2 doses administered after first birthday. Serologic proof of immunity also accepted.
- Varicella (2 doses administered after first birthday). Serologic proof of immunity also accepted
- Meningitis ACWY** For students 21 years or younger, 1 dose on/after 16th birthday OR signed waiver. Meningitis B vaccination is not required and does not satisfy Meningitis vaccine requirement. Students may have a conversation about Meningitis B vaccination with their healthcare provider and may find more information regarding meningitis on the Massachusetts Dept of Public Health website
- COVID Vaccination Initial Series. Booster dose strongly recommended when eligible
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ALL STUDENT HEALTH RECORDS IS JUNE 1 FOR THE FALL SEMESTER OR DECEMBER 1 FOR STUDENTS ENTERING IN SPRING SEMESTER.
All full-time undergraduate students, regardless of health insurance, can utilize the Department's services. There are no fees charged for visits or medications dispensed/administered in Health Services.
Medical records are strictly confidential. Information will not be released without written authorization from the student or a court order. Authorization forms are available at Health Services. See the University's notice of Privacy Practices.
The department will no longer notify professors of absences due to federal regulations on the privacy of protected health information.