Students may choose from the following courses in consultation with a literacy Education advisor. Specific course descriptions should be consulted to determine pre- and co-requisites of each course.
- EDUC 0304 - Teaching Writing: Pre-K-6
- EDUC 0305 - Literature and the Language Arts required of sped
- EDUC 0309 - Children's Literature *
- EDUC 0317 - Analysis and Correction of Reading Difficulties (with Apprenticeship)
- EDUC 0318 - Reading in the Content Areas
- EDUC 0333 - Field Experience in Reading only special arrangement
- EDUC 0334 - Word Analysis and Comprehension Strategies in Reading
- EDUC 0335 - Literacy Instruction for English Language Learners (with Apprenticeship)
- EDUC 0370 - Language and Communication Development and Intervention **
- EDUC 0377 - Learning Disabilities and Instructional Strategies **
* EDUC 0309 is required in the 15-credits area of Liberal Studies for Early Childhood majors. These students should consult with a Reading and a Liberal Arts advisor to determine whether this course may by used in the Reading concentration.
** EDUC 0370 and 0377 are required within the Special Education major. Subsequently, they do not contribute to the Reading concentration or minor for students in this major.