Applicants should work closely with an Outreach Specialist when applying to a graduate program, as programs may have different application requirements. In general, the following should accompany a completed application form:
- Application and $50 application fee (Fee is waived for application who are currently serving or have served in the Armed Forces)
- Narrative Statement
- Official, sealed transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended.
- Three letters of recommendation (check for program specific requirements)
- Official scores of the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) (Not all programs have a test requirement: alumni of Westfield State University, with a cumulative GPA of 3.5, are exempt from this requirement.)
- Where applicable, a copy of Classroom Teacher Licensure.
- Where applicable, (including School Guidance & School Adjustment Counseling) a copy of passing scores on the Communication and Literacy Skills portions of the Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL).
- If you are applying to the Applied Behavior Analysis, Master of Arts in Counseling, or Master of Social Work programs, a professional resume is required.
Starting an Application is Easy
Apply online today or complete an application and mail it in or drop it off.