Campus Parking Information

2016/2017 Parking Rules and Regulations

All students requesting parking on campus must purchase a university parking decal and have the decal affixed to their vehicle.  Please click on the link below to view the Westfield State University Parking Rules and Regulations.

2016/2017 Parking Rules and Regulations

How to Purchase your Parking Decal


Student decals will be sold on-line at  Please use your student ID number for your account number.  Once purchased, your decal will be mailed to your home address.  You must purchase your decal before arriving to campus and have the decal affixed to your vehicle prior to the beginning of the semester.  Cost for the academic year will be $100.00.  Decals will not be sold on campus.  If you are having difficulty logging into the permit website, please send an e-mail with your name and student ID number to

 Non-Massachusetts Registration

Massachusetts law requires students enrolled in a state university who operate a vehicle registered in a state other than Massachusetts, complete and return the Non-Resident Registration form.  Failure to complete and return this from may result in fines.  Please return the form either in person to Ely 208 or by mail to: Westfield State University, Attn: Parking Office, 577 Western Ave., Westfield, MA 01085.  All forms must be received no later than the second week of the academic semester.  Only one form needs to be completed per academic year per vehicle.

Frequently Asked Questions

          What if I change vehicles during the year or buy a new car?  You can purchase a replacement permit for   $5.00.  Please e-mail for instructions.

          My car broke down and I will be driving a different car for a few days/weeks, what should I do?  Please go to the Public Safety Office, they are open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.  They can provide you with a temporary parking pass.

          My housing status has changed, do I need to change my parking decal?  Yes, if you were living on campus and are now a commuter or if you were a commuter and are now living on campus, you must return your permit to Ely 208 and the proper permit type will be provided.

How To Appeal or Pay a Parking Ticket

To appeal a ticket to the Parking & Traffic Appeals Board, a Parking Ticket Appeals form must be filled out online.  The Board will consider all appeals filed within twenty-one (21) days of the date of issue of the violation and render a decision. The decision will be forwarded to the appealer via campus e-mail.  While a ticket is on appeal, no late fees will be added.

  • If you receive an error message saying your ticket is not in the system yet, please wait 24 hours and try again.   If you are still not able to enter your appeal, please e-mail
  • If you would like to meet with the Parking Appeals Committee - please indicate in the space provided for your written appeal "REQUEST IN PERSON HEARING".  You will receive notification on the date and time of your hearing via your university e-mail account.

If you do receive a ticket and choose to do nothing - late fees and penalties will be added to your ticket - a $25 ticket can end up costing $75 and may prevent you from renewing your license and/or car registration as any outstanding tickets are forwarded to the Registry of Motor Vehicles.  Unpaid parking tickets may also prevent you from registering for classes since a hold will be placed on your student account. 

Parking tickets may be paid on-line at with either a credit or debit card or at the Campus Center Service Window during their normal operating hours with either cash, check or Owl Bucks. 

You may also pay by phone by calling 1.866.980.5363, or you may mail payment to the address below.

Westfield State University, Attn: Campus Center, 577 Western Ave., Westfield, MA 01085

Resident First Year Students

Parking for resident freshmen is unavailable at this time.



Please fill out the on-line form, (F/S vehicle registration form) print the form and bring to the Campus Center Service Window during normal operating hours.  You may also send the form with payment via interoffice mail to the Campus Center, Attn: Sid Lodaya, once processed, your decal will be mailed back to you via interoffice mail.

Contact Us