- Double w/Hallway - 11' 3" X 13'
(Hallway 3' X 6' 6")
- Double w/o Hallway - 11' 4" X 13"
Single - 11' 4" X 9' 5"
Opened in 1966, Davis Hall houses 281 first year students in single and double rooms. The laundry room is located behind the mailbox area and includes high efficiency washers and dryers (only high efficiency detergent should be used with the washers). The vending machines are located in the same area.
Single - 11' 4" X 9' 5"
High efficiency washers & dryers
Located off the Davis Hall main lobby
Chris is in his first year at Westfield State University and is the Residence Director of Davis Hall. In 2012 he received his Masters of Science in Counseling- Student Development in Higher Education from Central Connecticut State University. It was at CCSU where Chris developed an interest in the field of Higher Education, starting as a student Administrative Assistant in the Vice President’s Office of Student Affairs, before delving into the professional field.
After graduating from CCSU in 2009 with a Bachelors of Arts in English Literature and a minor in Creative Writing, Chris began working as a Graduate Assistant in TRIO programs at CCSU. He has held various positions at Central and Southern Connecticut State Universities, such as Academic Advisor, ConnCAP Middle School Site Coordinator, Professor and Academic Advisor for SCSU’s Intellectual and Creative Inquiry courses, and Residence Director.
Chris is excited to be a part of the Westfield State University campus and culture, and to build many new connections across the community. Outside of work Chris enjoys reading a variety of literature, writing poetry and fiction, playing video games, and spending quality time with his cat.
Davis Hall opened in 1966. It is named for the Reverend Emerson Davis (1799-1866).
In 1844, the Normal School in Barre, MA moved to Westfield. The first class consisted of 23 men and 26 women. Reverend Davis, born in Ware and educated in Williams, had been influential in promoting this move and was named to head the Westfield institution (his title then was 'Principal,' not 'President'). Two years later, Massachusetts, with pressure from Horace Mann and contributions from Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, opened the Normal School, the College's first dedicated building.
It was not by accident that Davis Hall, which was the only men's residence hall for many years, was placed far away from Dickinson and Scanlon Halls, which were originally women's residence halls.
The unusual bathroom configuration in this hall was a product of its time, when visitors of the opposite sex were not allowed above the first floor of the building. Another prominent feature of Davis Hall is the Commons Room.
Davis Hall went through a renovation of $8 million in 2014. New windows and flooring were installed in 2007. Davis received fire suppression system upgrades, and new bedroom ceilings and lightings in 2002.