Faculty New to Plato:
This is an introductory virtual training that can be done at your own pace, on your own time, from anywhere.
In this session, you will learn the Plato basics:
- Customize the Plato template to meet your needs while providing a familiar virtual environment for your students
- Upload your syllabus and class handouts for students to view online
- Create an assignment “drop box” for students to turn in papers and documents
- Create a discussion forum to enhance the understanding of course topics
- Use the Plato virtual grade center
- Add web links to course related or special topic web sites, YouTube videos, and more
See what other great tools there are to enhance your course site such as:
- Create online quizzes to test student knowledge
- Use ScreenPal or Zoom for screen capture, and to create short tutorials
- Use Audacity to create podcasts (sound files) in your course
- Use Zoom for virtual office hours, and virtual meetings
Feel free to click the Calendly link below to schedule a meeting or individualized training appointment with Lisa.
If you are interested in teaching an online or hybrid course at WSU?