Whether you have been out of school for a while, or you are just completing your bachelor’s degree, our Master's programs are designed for all adult learners.
Our affordable programs can be completed at a pace that fits with your life. If you're looking for a graduate program that will sharpen your skills, or expand employment opportunities, and is taught by dedicated faculty who are experts in their fields, Westfield is the place for you.
Classes after 4PM, some fully online
Full and part-time options available year-round
Small class sizes
Transfer up to 6 grad credits
Lifetime career counseling
Interested in furthering your education or standing out in the job market? If you've already earned your bachelor's degree, you can complete your master's degree within a few years.
If you already have your degree and would like even more training, graduate certificates offer further specialization and will better your career.
Apply to this program if you have a bachelor's degree and now wish to be certified as a teacher, or want to earn an additional licensure in Massachusetts.
Applicants should work closely with an Outreach Specialist when applying to a graduate program, as programs may have different application requirements. In general, the following should accompany a completed application form:
- Application and $50 application fee
- Fee is waived for applicants who are currently serving or have served in the Armed Forces.
- Narrative Statement
- Official, sealed transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended.
- Three letters of recommendation (check for program-specific requirements)
- Official scores of the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- Not all programs have a test requirement: alumni of Westfield State University, with a cumulative GPA of 3.5, are exempt from this requirement.
- Where applicable, a copy of Classroom Teacher Licensure
- Where applicable, (including School Guidance & School Adjustment Counseling) a copy of passing scores on the Communication and Literacy Skills portions of the Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL)
- If you are applying to the Applied Behavior Analysis, Master of Arts in Counseling, or Master of Social Work programs, a professional resume is required.
We understand that it can be intimidating going back to school, and you may be balancing work, family, and education, so we’ve put a few things in place to make your transition easier. An Outreach Specialist will work with you throughout the application process.
You have the flexibility to start in the summer, fall, or spring semesters for most of our Graduate and Post-Baccalaureate programs. We recommend that all admission material be submitted 4-6 weeks prior to the start of the semester in which you'd like to enroll.
|Planning to Start in||Apply By|
The Master of Arts in Counseling, Applied Behavior Analysis, and Master of Social Work programs only take applications for the fall semester. The application deadline for these cohort programs is February 1st of every year.
Costs & Financial Aid
Our graduate programs are a fraction of the cost of private institutions with no difference in tuition for in-and out-of-state students. Financial Aid is available through FAFSA.
Everything You Need on Campus
The Westfield campus has everything a busy grad student needs.