Whether you have been out of school for a while, or you are just completing your bachelor’s degree, our Master's programs are designed for all adult learners.
Our affordable programs can be completed at a pace that fits with your life. If you're looking for a graduate program that will sharpen your skills, or expand employment opportunities, and is taught by dedicated faculty who are experts in their fields, Westfield is the place for you.
Classes after 4PM, some fully online
Full and part-time options available year-round
Small class sizes
Transfer up to 6 grad credits
Lifetime career counseling
Interested in furthering your education or standing out in the job market? If you've already earned your bachelor's degree, you can complete your master's degree within a few years.
If you already have your degree and would like even more training, graduate certificates offer further specialization and will better your career.
Apply to this program if you have a bachelor's degree and now wish to be certified as a teacher, or want to earn an additional licensure in Massachusetts.
Graduate Admission Requirements
Applicants should work closely with an Outreach Specialist when applying to a graduate program, as programs may have different application requirements. In general, the following should accompany a completed application form:
- Application and $50 application fee
- Fee is waived for applicants who are currently serving or have served in the Armed Forces.
- Narrative Statement
- Official electronic or sealed transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended
- Three letters of recommendation (check for program-specific requirements)
- For professional licensure applicants, a copy of your Massachusetts teaching license
- For initial licensure applicants including School Counseling & Adjustment Counseling a copy of your passing scores on the Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL) Communication and Literacy, Reading and Writing subtests
- If you are applying to the Applied Behavior Analysis, Master of Arts in Counseling, or Master of Social Work programs, a professional resume is required.
We understand that it can be intimidating going back to school, and you may be balancing work, family, and education, so we’ve put a few things in place to make your transition easier. An Outreach Specialist will work with you throughout the application process.
You have the flexibility to start in the summer, fall, or spring semesters for most of our graduate and post-baccalaureate programs. We recommend that all admission material be submitted 4-6 weeks prior to the start of the semester in which you'd like to enroll.
|Planning to Start in||Preferred Application Deadline|
The Master of Arts in Counseling, Applied Behavior Analysis, and Master of Social Work programs only take applications for the fall semester. The application deadline for these cohort programs is February 1st of every year. We also offer an early decision application deadline of December 1st for the Master of Social Work program.
Costs & Financial Aid
Our graduate programs are a fraction of the cost of private institutions with no difference in tuition for in-and out-of-state students. Financial Aid is available through FAFSA.
Graduate and Continuing Education offers a limited number of graduate assistantships to graduate students each year. The assistantships are highly competitive and are awarded to students with superior academic records who are matriculated in a graduate degree program.
Everything You Need on Campus
The Westfield campus has everything a busy grad student needs.
Veteran and Military Services
We are a Military and Veteran friendly school, with a designated Office of Veteran and Military Services.