The Office of Academic Advising empowers students to take ownership of their educational experience and responsibility for achieving their academic goals by providing individualized academic advising in a supportive environment.
The Office of Academic Advising
"Students First, Support Always"
The Office of Academic Advising and Transfer Transition is a hub for an array of academic advising services as we provide a supportive environment for students to explore academic opportunities. All students are welcome to drop in or schedule an appointment with a professional advisor to receive academic guidance or help with course registration. We also have a team of trained peer advisors that provide assistance with course selection and the preregistration process.
SUPPORT WE PROVIDE
Academic advising plays an integral role in the success of a student’s academic career.
The following services are provided to students:
- Assistance with course selection, the preregistration process, and other academic concerns
- Advice regarding academic progress, degree completion, and graduation requirements
- Assistance for students who have not declared a major with the process of exploring possible academic majors
- Opportunities to engage in meaningful conversations about educational and career goals
- Assistance with the process of returning to good academic standing for students on Academic Warning
- Assistance with exploring academic success strategies and providing referrals to other student support services
- Planning for alternate credit-earning opportunities, such as internships or the CLEP exam
- Access to Professional Advisors who serve as a link to various academic departments and campus offices, such as the Registrar or the Office of Financial Aid
The Office of Academic Advising serves as a liaison with academic departments, faculty advisors, and relevant administrative areas (e.g., Registrar, Office of Financial Aid) in an effort to assist students in developing the skills needed to be successful during their educational experience.
Spring 2024 Advising & Registration Dates
The following dates for Spring 2024 Advising & Registration apply to current students.
Web Registration remains open through November 28, 2023.
|F October 6 - W October 18||Eligible Banacos/Honors and Online Programs||R October 19|
|M October 16 - R October 19||Seniors, Second Bachelors, and Graduate Students||F October 20|
|M October 23 – R October 26||Juniors||F October 27|
|M October 23 – R October 26||1st/2nd Yr. In-Season Athletes and Urban Education Program||F October 27|
|M October 30 – R November 2||Sophomores||F November 3|
|M November 6 – R November 9||First-Years||M November 13|
|R October 19 – F December 22||Winter Session registration starts Thursday, October 19 and ends the day before classes begin.||R October 19|
|Winter Session classes begins Tuesday, January 2 and ends Tuesday, January 16, 2024. Some courses begin Tuesday, December 26, 2023. Check the Winter Session Course Offerings for more information.|
|Total credits earned at the end of the Spring 2023 semester||
Class Level for registration
Don't forget to download and complete your Advising and Registration Form!
Please note that the information listed above is for currently enrolled students. If you are an incoming new transfer student, please review your welcome packet regarding next steps and visit our Transfer Student Advising page.
If you are an incoming new first-year student starting Spring 2024, please visit our First-Year Advising page.