Welcome to the Nest!
Congratulations on your acceptance and welcome to Westfield State University!
In the Office of Academic Advising, we want to introduce you to the academic support and resources our university has to offer. Evaluating your transcript in consultation with your department chair and creating your class schedule are important first steps. We are here to guide you through the advising process to ensure that you have all the information necessary to successfully transition as a Westfield State University student.
Newly accepted transfer students will be contacted by Brittany Garand, our Transfer, Evening, and Returning Student Advisor. She will assist new transfer students with building their first course schedule and providing additional support to launch our new students into a successful first semester at Westfield State University.
Join the Nest - First Steps
The following steps will help you make a smooth landing:
- Activate the student email account and MyWestfield student portal. Don’t forget to sign up for the Emergency Notification System through MyWestfield. See here for information on how to link the student email to your phone. For assistance with how to login to MyWestfield, please click here for instructions, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for login assistance.
- Ready to start building your course schedule for next semester? Fill out the course preference questionnaire. Schedules are built based on course availability, what courses a student has taken previously, degree planning, and recommendations from the Department Chair of the declared major. The sooner we collect answers, the better opportunity we will have to honor your preferences.
Are you ready for classes? The Fall 2023 semester begins Tuesday, September 5, 2023.
Complete the required forms and action items in your Admissions Enrollment Packet or Continuing Education New Student Checklist. For a full list of next steps, the New Student Checklist can be found in The Nestwork. Just log in using your WSU email login/ password, click on Experience Types > New Student Orientation > Task Checklist to see a complete timeline of WSU to-dos.
- Connect with your resources!
- Reach out to your Department Chair if you have any specific questions about your intended major. Our office will be working with them to ensure that your degree progress is on track and to get course recommendations.
- If you were on an IEP or 504 plan during high school, or have a documented disability and have questions about the college process regarding accommodations, email Disability Services at email@example.com.
- If you are a veteran or are military-connected, contact the Veteran and Military Services office.
- If you were previously part of a TRIO Student Support Services Program at another institution, be sure to connect with TRIO at Westfield State. Click here for more information about the program, eligibility requirements, and for the application.
- If you were previously part of the Honors Program at another institution and wish to join at WSU, see the Westfield State University Honors Program webpage for information on how to apply.
- We also have a chapter of the Tau Sigma National Transfer Honor Society on campus. Any students who are interested should contact Bill Pass at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All financial aid questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Navigating MyWestfield Tutorials
The following videos are brief tutorials on using different tools located in your MyWestfield.