Welcome to the Nest!
Congratulations on your acceptance! The Office of Academic Advising is thrilled to guide you through the first steps of your academic journey. Let's explore the academic support and resources available to make your transition to Westfield State University successful.
- Transcript Evaluation: We'll assess your transcript in consultation with your department chair.
- Class Schedule Creation: Working together, we'll create your class schedule, ensuring a smooth start to your academic experience.
For Transfer Students:
- Advisor Contact: Brittany Garand, our Transfer, Evening, and Returning Student Advisor, will reach out to assist with building your first course schedule.
- Supportive Transition: Brittany is dedicated to supporting new transfer students, ensuring a successful first semester at Westfield State University.
Join the Nest - First Steps
Activate Your Accounts:
- Activate the student email account and MyWestfield student portal
- Register for the Emergency Notification System on MyWestfield.
- See here for information on how to link the student email to your phone.
- For assistance with how to login to MyWestfield, please click here for instructions, or contact email@example.com for login assistance.
Course Schedule Building for Fall 2024:
- Complete the Fall 2024 Course Preference Questionnaire.
- Schedules are built based on course availability, prior courses, degree planning, and Department Chair recommendations for your major. Submitting preferences early increases the chance of preference fulfillment.
Look over your personalized degree audit:
Your audit shows you the classes that you will need to graduate, how your courses transferred in, and what credits you have already satisfied.
Students need 120 credits to graduate, so you may have room to add minor(s), a double-major, or additional concentrations, so be sure to try out the "What If" feature in Degree Evaluation.
Connect with Resources:
- Consult your Department Chair for major-related queries. Our office will be working with them to ensure that your degree progress is on track and to get course recommendations.
- If you were on an IEP or 504 plan during high school, or have a documented disability and have questions about the college process regarding accommodations, email Disability Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Veteran and military-connected individuals, connect with Veteran and Military Services.
- If you were previously part of a TRIO Student Support Services Program at another institution, be sure to connect with TRIO at Westfield State. Click here for more information about the program, eligibility requirements, and for the application.
- Previous Honors Program members, visit WSU Honors Program webpage for application details.
- We also have a chapter of the Tau Sigma National Transfer Honor Society on campus. Transfer students who achieve a 3.5 GPA or higher during their first semester at WSU are eligible to join. Interested students can contact Brittany Garand at email@example.com.
- Financial aid inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete Required Forms:
- Complete the required forms and action items in your Admissions Enrollment Packet or Continuing Education New Student Checklist. Any questions about the Enrollment Packet can be directed to Admissions at email@example.com. Continuing Education students should contact CE Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're here to support you on this exciting journey! If you have any questions, please contact us.