- Ph.D., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, in chemistry (2003)
- A.B., College of the Holy Cross (1990)
Courses Recently Taught:
- CHEM 201 Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM 203 Organic Chemistry II
- CHEM 0211 Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
Professional Interests/Activities: Professor Masi joined the WSU faculty in the Fall of 2002 after teaching at Tulane University in New Orleans for 5 years, and is currently the department chair. Outside of teaching General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry, Professor Masi is interested in organometallic chemistry, more specifically, the activation of carbon dioxide by organometallic complexes. He recently co-authored "Complexes formed from reactions of Re(CO)3(H2O)3+ with amines used for biological buffering", which appeared in the Journal of Organometallic Chemistry in March 2012.