- B.S., McGill University, Montreal, Canada, Physics and Physiology
- M.S., University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Biomechanics
- Ph.D., University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Joined Westfield State University in 2010
- Genes regulating the development of locomotion using zebrafish as a model system
- Kinematic analysis using high speed video ( Humans AND Zebrafish)
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Human Biology
- Medical Genetics
- McKeown,K.A., Moreno, R., Hall, V.L., Ribera, A.B., and Downes, G.B. Disruption of eaat2b, a glutamate transporter, results in abnormal motor behaviors in developing zebrafish. Developmental Biology 362(2): 162-171, 2012.
- McKeown, K.A., Downes, G.B., Hutson, L.D. Modular laboratory exercises to analyze the development of zebrafish motor behavior. Zebrafish. 6(2):179-85, 2009.
- Hirai,T., McKeown, K.A., Gomes, R.F.M., and Bates, J.H.T. Effects of lung volume on lung and chest wall mechanics in rats. Journal of Applied Physiology. 86: 16-21, 1999.
- McKeown, K.A., How Does Technotrousers Regulate Locomotor Network Development? International Zebrafish Conference, Madison, WI June 2010
- McKeown, K. A., Brown, C. D., Chu, J., Hamill, J., Lower Extremity Coordination over a Fatiguing Run. Proceedings for the XVIII Congress, International Society of Biomechanics, Zurich, Switzerland, June 2001