An Accounting Degree prepares you to master the skills needed to excel in your chosen career.
Most Affordable Program
in the Northeast
The Accounting major consists of 75 credits. All students must complete 39 credit hours of the Business Core, 18 credits of Non-Business related courses, and 18 credits of Accounting coursework.
Required Business Courses
Majors must complete a minimum of 30 credits in the major at Westfield State University in order to graduate.
Required Business Core - 39 Credits
- ACCT 0104 - Principles of Accounting I
- ACCT 0105 - Principles of Accounting II
- FINC 0207 - Financial Management
- MGMT 0107 - Software Applications in Management
- MGMT 0220 - Production/Operations Management
- MGMT 0221 - Business Management: A Survey of Organizational Development and Management Principles
- MGMT 0241 - Business Law I
- MGMT 0250 - Quantitative Approaches to Business Decisions
- MGMT 0308 - Organizational Development & Behavior
- MGMT 0321 - Management Information Systems
- or ACCT 0345 - Accounting Information Systems Credits: 3
- MGMT 0325 - Business Policy and Strategy
- MGMT 0338 - International Business
- MRKT 0231 - Marketing Management