The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment collects, compiles and integrates data from multiple sources and transforms it into practical knowledge that informs institutional planning and demonstrates that the University is fulfilling its mission and advancing its values and goals. The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment serves all members of the University community and is committed to preserving the integrity, accuracy, and relevancy of the information it provides. The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment also serves as the primary contact for outside surveys and inquiries about Westfield State University's demographics.
Links to Westfield State University Institutional Data, including the Common Data Set are located in the links on the Institutional Data page. You will also find full Common Data Set documents as downloadable pdf documents on the Institutional Data page.
Data for University Constituencies may be found on the Westfield State University web portal. Examples of data found on the web portal include:
- Enrollment Data for Chairs: can be found on the My Westfield web portal. Go to the Employee tab, then Documents. Under the heading Academic Affairs and there is a folder entitled Enrollment Data for Chairs which includes a breakdown of single and dual majors. Data for preceding academic years is also available here.
- The Westfield State University Fact Book: can be found on the My Westfield web portal. Go to the Employee tab, then Documents. Under the heading Academic Affairs and there is a folder entitled Institutional Data. Examples of data (back to Fall 2011) available in the Fact Book include:
- Enrollment by Division, including FTE
- Demographics of all students (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Demographics of all Day Division students (Undergraduate)
- Demographics of Day Division First Time-First Year students (Undergraduate)
- Demographics of Day Division New Transfer (Undergraduate)
- State and County residency for Day Division students (Undergraduate)
- Day Division Major Headcount by Class Level (Undergraduate)