- M.Sc., Geography, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- PhD, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Joined Westfield State University in 2006
Teaching @ Westfield State University.
Research / Scholarship.
- Glaciers and Climate Change
- Science & GIS Education
Recent Publications / Presentations.
- Code Red For Humanity: Understanding Global Warming’s Risks: What Each Of Us Can Do To Make A Difference & Stem the Tide. Dr. Carsten Braun (Climate Preparedness Week, 27 September 2021)
- GIS in Higher Education. Dr. Carsten Braun & others (Spring 2021 NEARC, 18 May 2021)
- Braun, C., 2017, Surface mass balance of the Ward Hunt Ice Shelf and associated Ice Rise. Chapter 6 in Copeland, L., and Mueller, D. (eds.) Arctic Ice Shelves and Ice Islands, Springer Verlag, ISBN 978-94-024-1099-0. (PDF)
- Serreze, M.C., Raup, B., Braun, C., Hardy, D.R. and R.S. Bradley, 2017, Rapid Wastage of the Hazen Plateau Ice Caps, Northeastern Ellesmere Island, Nunavut, Canada. The Cryosphere, 11, 169-177.
Please contact me anytime to learn more about our department, our degree programs, and our course offerings. You can also find me @ carstenbraun.us.