Westfield is one of a kind, combining big school features with small school advantages.
We have high-quality academics and a gorgeous campus—and we have accessible faculty, providing personal attention.
You'll join motivated fellow students ready to make the most of this experience through active participation. Become part of a caring and committed community that understands and embraces the bridge between academic study and civic responsibility.
The best reasons to choose Westfield spring from our founding principles:
Broad Intellectual Development
Westfield‘s comprehensive liberal arts options are anchored by a core programs approach and enhanced by a challenging Honors Program. In addition to gaining proficiency in a major, every Westfield student also pursues common core studies in writing, the arts and humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and mathematics, and global and national diversity.
- 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio means more access to your teachers, more personal attention, and guidance from our strongly committed group of experienced instructors.
- 92%+ of our full-time faculty hold doctorates or the equivalent in their field.
- The Honors Program offers intellectually challenging courses with an interdisciplinary perspective and/or a specialized topical focus.
- Immersive study-abroad programs in more than 35 countries help you become a global citizen through life-changing academic and personal experiences.
- Faculty-student collaborations on intensive research projects give you opportunities to push the boundaries of knowledge and understanding.
Solid Preparation for a Profession
Experiential learning at Westfield goes far beyond the classroom.
- 84% of our graduates are employed in careers related to their major.
- Over 60% of our students participate in one of 700 internship and field experience opportunities available every year with leading-edge companies, government institutions, and nonprofits.
- Popular programs include The Washington Center (live and work in the nation’s capital) and the Disney Internship at Disney World.
- On-campus assistantships and off-campus employment, community service, and cooperative education.
- The Career Center provides assessment tools and exercises to help you identify your interests, skills, and values; assistance with resumes, and preparation for job interviews.
- Our mentor program matches Westfield students with practitioners in their field of interest.
Significant Community Service
Westfield fosters a variety of civic engagement activities that lead to positive social change.
- Students volunteer more than 60,000 hours each year.
- 49% of the student body participates in more than 300 different service projects each year.
- Local volunteer options include food drives, environmental protection and conservation, and annual fundraiser walks and runs.
- Examples of international service include working in Nicaragua to build a school and in Guatemala to teach health and nutrition.
So much to do!
- 70+ active recreational, social, and academic student clubs and organizations.
- The Student Government Association, and service and volunteer opportunities
- 2 well-equipped fitness centers with free weights, strength training, cardio, racquetball, aerobics, an indoor running track, basketball courts, a rock wall, a dance studio, and more
- 11 varsity sports for women, 9 varsity sports for men, and 40+ competitive and structured intramurals and club sports
- Student and guest artist exhibits, music performances, and theatre productions
- 7 different campus eateries
- Ideally located for skiing, hiking, white-water canoeing and kayaking, rock climbing, mountain and road biking, fishing, and other outdoor activities