Under unique circumstances and with the approval of both your advisor and the department chair, you may design your own concentration within the major, provided that it meets specifications established by the department.
Under unique circumstances and with the approval of both their advisor and the department chair, students may design their own concentration within the major, provided that it meets specifications established by the department.
Requirements for the Communication Major - 45 Credits
Required Major Core - 27 Credits
- COMM 0101 - Introduction to Mass Communication
- COMM 0102 - Introduction to Human Communication
- COMM 0201 - Introduction to Communication Technology
- COMM 0204 - Writing for the Media
- COMM 0207 - Communication Ethics
- COMM 0209 - Global Communication
- COMM 0221 - Communication Theory
- COMM 0307 - Communication Law
- COMM 0320 - Foundations of Communication Research
STUDENTS MUST ELECT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CONCENTRATIONS. In addition to the required courses for each concentration, students are required to take electives, one of which must bear a COMM designation. If the concentration requires three or more electives, one of the remaining electives may be chosen from the approved elective list from any of the other concentrations.
Other electives available in the University’s other departments of study may be chosen with the recommendation of the student’s advisor and the approval of the department chair.