A Music minor may be particularly attractive if you seek to augment your major field of study with a basic knowledge of music.
Program Requirements Music Minor - 23 Credits
Entrance into the Music Minor requires an audition.
- MUSC 0111 - Music Theory I
- MUSC 0113 - Sight Singing and Ear Training I
- MUSC 0152 - Piano Class I (for Music Majors)
- MUSC 0153 - Piano Class II (for Music Majors)
- *Students may take a piano proficiency exam to waive piano class requirements.
- MUSC 0201 - Music History II
- MUSC 0170 - Applied Music (Minor) I
- MUSC 0171 - Applied Music (Minor) II
- MUSC 0172 - Applied Music (Minor) III
- MUSC 0173 - Applied Music (Minor) IV
- MUSC 0279 - Recital Attendance and Performance
- (4 semesters at 0.5 credits per semester)
Ensemble Requirement - 2 Credits
Four semester of participation in one of the following ensembles, as assigned by the department, to run concurrently with four semester of applied lessons:
9 credit hours from the following, or other courses approved by the department chair:
Performance on Departmental Recitals is optional at the discretion of the Applied Instructor.