Westfield State University’s educator preparation program is fully accredited by the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP). Westfield State University was awarded full accreditation for seven years in June 2020. AAQEP also awarded our educator preparation program with a commendation for our work in anti-racist education.
Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP)
P.O. Box 7511
Fairfax Station, VA 22039-9998
We have AAQEP and Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) approved programs in the following licensure areas:
- Early Childhood (PreK-2)
- Elementary Education (1-6)
- Moderate Disabilities - (PreK-8; 5-12)
- Music Education (All levels) (Music Department)
- Physical Education (PreK-8; 5-12) (Movement Science Department)
- Reading Specialist (All levels)
- Secondary Education [Biology (8-12), Chemistry (8-12), English (5-12), General Science (5-8), History (5-12) and Mathematics (5-8; 8-12)]
- School Counselor (PreK-8; 5-12) (Psychology Department)
- School Adjustment Counselor (All levels) (Psychology Department)
- Visual Art - (PreK-8; 5-12)* (Art Department)
- Vocational Technical Education**
*Visual Art was approved by DESE on 7/31/2020 and therefore was not part of the AAQEP review.
**This program is approved by DESE. AAQEP does not review vocational technical education programs.