Graduate & Continuing Education Advising

Advising, in all forms, is an important part of your time here at Westfield State University. Whether you need help picking classes, want to change your major, or are looking for career advice, the CGCE can connect you to someone who can help!

CGCE students are strongly encouraged to connect with their academic advisor every semester. Your academic advisor can help you pick classes and has expertise in the field you are pursuing. They are an extremely valuable resource and you should check in with them frequently.

Common Questions

When should I meet with my advisor?
There are many times when it is appropriate to meet with your advisor, such as:

  • Before you begin your first semester at Westfield State
  • Each semester before you register for classes
  • If you are having trouble in a class or with your major
  • If you would like to take a class elsewhere and transfer it in
  • If you have questions about licensing requirements
  • If you’re interested in going to graduate school

Who is my Advisor?

Please see the chart below to find out who the advisor for your program is and how you should make an appointment to meet with them.

Advisors for Graduate and Continuing Education Programs

Program How to make an appointment   Advisor
Accounting (undergrad) Email Advising Center
Accounting (grad) Email Erin Moore
Applied Behavior Analysis (grad) Email Jorge Reyes
Art (undergrad) Email Art Department Art Department
Art (post-bacc) Email David Shapleigh
Biology (post-bacc/grad)


Email (Fall 2022 advisor)

David Christensen

Kelly Anne McKeown 

Biology (undergrad) Email Advising Center
Communication Email Advising Center
Computer/Info Science  Email Advising Center
Counseling- Forensic (grad) Email Joseph Camilleri
Counseling-Mental Health (grad) Email Robert Hayes
Counseling-School (grad) Email Maria Letasz
Criminal Justice (undergrad) Email John Jones
Criminal Justice (grad) Email Christopher Kudlac
Education, Early Childhood (all levels) Email Megan Kennedy
Education, Elementary (all levels) Call (413) 572-8020 for contact information Martin Henley
Education, Moderate Disabilities (all levels) Email Tracy McLeod
Education, Reading Specialist (grad) Email Sandra Berkowitz
Education, Vocational (undergrad/grad) Call (413) 572-8020 for contact information Donald Jarvis
English (undergrad) Email Advising Center
English (grad/post-bacc) Email Glen Brewster
Environmental Science Email Advising Center
Ethnic and Gender Studies Email Advising Center
Finance (undergrad) Email Advising Center
Geography, Planning, Sustainability Email Advising Center
Health Sciences (undergrad) Email Advising Center
History (undergrad) Email Advising Center
History (grad/post-bacc) Email Nicholas Aieta
Language and Cultural Studies (undergrad) Email Advising Center
Language and Cultural Studies (grad cert) Email Hugo Viera
Liberal Studies (undergrad) Email Christopher Gullen
Management (undergrad) Email Advising Center
Marketing (undergrad) Email Advising Center
Math (undergrad) Email Advising Center
Math (post-bacc/grad) Email Chrissi Von Renesse
Movement Science (undergrad) Email Advising Center
Movement Science (grad/post-bacc) Email Robert Rausch
Music (post-bacc and undergrad licensure) Email Felicia Barber
Music (undergrad non-licensure) Email Advising Center
Nursing Contact the Nursing department at (413) 572-8335 Nursing Dept.
Nursing (RN to BSN) Email Jessica Holden
Philosophy Email Advising Center
Physical Science (undergrad) Email Advising Center
Physician Assistant Studies (grad) Email Jennifer Hixon
Political Science Email Advising Center
Psychology (undergrad) Email Advising Center
Public Administration Email Charles DiStefano
Social Work (undergrad) Email Ziblim Abukari
Social Work (grad) Email Maria del Mar Farina de Parada
Sociology Email Advising Center
Undeclared Email  Advising Center

What if I'm having trouble connecting with my advisor?
Students who are having trouble connecting with their advisor should contact us at (413) 572-8020 or

Where can I go if I need advice about my career path?
Students can always speak to their academic advisor for information about working in the field or going to graduate school.

Students who need more direct help with applying to jobs, constructing a resume, preparing for an interview, or finding networking opportunities, should contact the campus Career Center at (413) 572-5206 or

I'd like to change my major, who should I speak to?
Students who would like to change their major are encouraged to talk to their current advisor and the advisor for the major they wish to change into.

Changing majors can be a big decision and will affect your program of study, potentially requiring you to complete additional credits. Students can all process a “What If” degree audit through DegreeWorks in their myWestfield account.