Our e-mail system consists of four Microsoft Exchange servers, two Linux mail exchangers and one Linux-based Spam Filter Appliance. We handle roughly 200,000 messages a day. Our Spam filter scans all of these messages before they reach your inbox for possible spam and viruses.
You can check your e-mail from any computer with an Internet connection. Simply enter the web address https://mail.westfield.ma.edu in your browser; you will be prompted for your username and password. You can send attachments up to 10mb in size; more than enough to send a picture or two.
Things to Know:
- Mail: This will bring you to your current messages.
- Calendar: Where you can store you appointments and important events.
- Contacts: Your contacts are where you can store e-mail and postal addresses of your colleagues, family, and friends.
- Tasks: Think of this as your 'to do' list; we all have one.
- Options: Located in the upper right corner of the window. You can change many environment features here, such as the color of your Outlook Web Access, or you can do administrative actions, such as changing your password.
How to change your password:
- Log into Outlook Web Access.
- Click on ʻOptionsʼ in the upper right corner.
- Choose ʻChange Passwordʼ from the list of options on the left.
- Enter your ʻOld Passwordʼ.
- Type in a ʻNew Passwordʼ. (The new password must be at least six characters)
- Then re-type your new password in the ʻConfirm New Passwordʼ area.
- Click ʻSaveʼ at the top. (The phrase 'Password successfully changed' will appear)
If you encounter a problem, please contact the Support Desk at ext. 4357.
Fourteen days before your password expires, there will be a yellow bar alerting you that your password is about to expire. Follow the steps above to change your password.