Course Achievement, Retention, and Engagement (CARE)
Westfield State is Committed to Your Success
The mission of Course Achievement, Retention, & Engagement (C.A.R.E.) is to connect all Westfield State students to opportunities that encourage academic growth and empowerment. Partnering with other campus support services, academic or non-academic, we aim to create a circle of care around each of our students to help support them in reaching their goals at Westfield State.
C.A.R.E does this by:
- Providing content area tutoring through our Tutoring and Learning Center
- Offering academic workshops tailored to meet students where they are at and develop strategies for success.
- One on one assistance is provided to students who self-identify as struggling and need assistance.
- Resource for faculty who identify students who are struggling in their courses.
- Provide an open, inclusive physical space that encourages students to focus on their academics.
- Maintaining our campus retention software (WSU360) that serves as a tool for students to connect easily with support staff and for faculty to easily identify and highlight students who need assistance.
- Communicate with campus community members to help support students holistically to ensure all their needs are met (housing insecure students, financial aid eligible students, food insecurities)