Decals & Parking Information

Appeal Your Ticket Online  Parking Decals

Westfield State University has a formal Parking Program that was developed and operates under the aegis of the Parking Control Board. The Parking Control Board recommends University parking policy.

The Parking Control Board authorizes the Department of Public Safety/University Police as the enforcement component of all parking regulations.

Every vehicle parked on campus is required to display either a decal (students, staff & faculty) or a temporary permit (visitors & contractors).

A 24 -Hour Temporary Permit can be obtained at the Department of Public Safety/University Police (24/7)

Decals can be purchased at and are mailed to the mailing address provided. Please see the Parking Clerk's web-page for additional information.

Due to limited parking spots on campus freshmen are not allowed to have cars on campus. Any special requests for freshmen parking should be directed to the Parking Clerk's office in Ely 208 or at 413-572-5400. Further explanation is provided at the Parking Clerk's office.


Vehicles are to be parked in the lot indicated by their decal or permit at all times. However, South Lot is the overflow lot and any vehicle may park in South Lot provided it has a valid decal or permit.

Those with South Lot "S" decals may park in Commuter "C" lots from Friday 5:00 p.m. until Midnight, Sunday.

Also during these hours, visitors to the University may park in Faculty/Staff "F/S" (except where signage does not permit) and do not need a pass.

Overnight visitors to campus other than during the week-end hours above will need to obtain a temporary parking pass from Public Safety and may only park in South Lot.


All Parking is subject to change when the SNOW EMERGENCY POLICY is in effect.

Information on where parking during a SNOW EMERGENCY will be sent via your WSU email account.

Cars parked in indicated lots when snow emergency policy is in effect are subject to $150.00 ticket and towing.

For more information call the Department of Public Safety/University Police  at 413-572-5262.


Remember that the on-campus speed limit on campus roads is 15 M.P.H. In all parking lots the speed limit is 5 M.P.H.


Parking tickets may be paid online. Parking tickets may also be paid at Ely 208, at the Campus Center window (lower level) or submitted by mail. Inquiries concerning amounts owed should be directed to the Parking Clerk's office at 413-572-5400.

Ticket appeals are done on-line. Use the link above or Search "Ticket Appeals" on the University main page for the form and directions.

Tickets may only be appealed up to 21 days after they are issued.


If I'm assigned to South Lot, how will I get back to my residence hall or class building?
The DPS Student Security Unit operates a Shuttle Service from South Lot. For more information see the Shuttle & Escorts Page.

I'm a commuter student and drive more than one car: may I purchase more than one decal?
No. All students are limited to the purchase of ONE decal. The only exception is for a motorcycle permit as a second decal for commuting students. (Resident students may not have both a car and motorcycle permit.) However, should you need to bring your second vehicle to campus we will gladly provide a 24-hour pass.

Can Public Safety /University Police help jump my car?
The Department of Public Safety/ University Police maintains a battery operated booster pac for this purpose. Call Public Safety/University at 413-572-5262 and an officer will respond to your on-campus location. Public Safety/University Police will also assist you if you need to contact AAA or a towing company.

Can Public Safety open my car should I lock my keys in it?
The Department of Public Safety/University Police does not perform this service. The Westfield Fire Department will perform this service in case of exigent circumstances (e.g., the car is running, there is a child or animal in the car) but will not respond otherwise. Public Safety/University Police will assist if you need to contact AAA or a towing company.