Any NEW student that is not covered by a qualifying health insurance program may obtain coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield Student Health Insurance Plan, which is an alternative program arranged by the University and administered through University Health Plans, Inc. Read the MSU Benefits Summary (PDF) for more information.
- Annual coverage begins on August 1, 2020 through July 31, 2021.
- Coverage spring term in 2020 will be from January 1, 2021, through July 31, 2021.
All undergraduate Day School students and Division of Graduate & Continuing Education (DGCE) students (who are required to have health insurance), will be billed $3,306 on the fall tuition bill. The fall policy is in effect from August 1, 2020 until July 31, 2021. The premium for the spring only plan for new incoming spring students is $1,935 and is effective January 1, 2021, through July 31, 2021. All eligible students will need to either enroll in or waive the Westfield State Health Insurance Plan insurance online at www.universityhealthplans.com. Please complete the following steps:
Complete the following steps:
- Go to www.universityhealthplans.com
- Click on Westfield State University
- On the left hand side Menu, click on the Waiver or Enrollment Form
- Fill in all required information (if a piece of required information is missing, your waiver or enrollment will NOT be accepted.)
- Submit the form by clicking ‘Apply.’ If the form is accepted, you will receive immediate confirmation of your submission as well as an email confirmation for your record.
The deadline to waive or enroll in the fall insurance is September 30, 2020 and for the spring insurance is February 28, 2021. An eligible student who wants coverage must complete the online enrollment and will be charged for coverage. If the enrollment form is not submitted by the deadline, the student’s account will be put on hold until the enrollment form is completed. Student’s name will not be submitted to Blue Cross Blue Shield until the form and payment is completed. Once the student is enrolled, there will be no refunds.
Please note, all full time day students not enrolled in the Westfield State University Student Health Insurance Plan will still be eligible for care provided by Health Services regardless of their Health Insurance carrier.
University Health Plans also offers the opportunity to enroll in a Dental and/or Vision plan on a VOLUNTARY basis but it is not required insurance. To learn more about these optional plans, please select one of these plans on the left hand side menu of University Health Plans website.
For more information about the student health insurance program, visit www.universityhealthplans.com or call 1-800-437-6448.
Instructions for the Blue Cross Blue Shield medication/prescription look up: