A guest is defined as any individual who is not currently assigned as a resident of that particular residence hall room. Please review the entire Guest Policy found in the Student Handbook by clicking here.
Except for specially approved programs or circumstances, no guest under 16 years of age will be permitted to be signed into a residence hall without the presence of their parent or guardian. Any guest who is 16 or 17 years old must provide a valid ID and a document indicating date of birth (these may be the same document) and an emergency phone number as well as a completed authorization form for the visit from a parent or guardian, found here. University staff may call to confirm authorization for a visit. Underage guests who violate University policies will be required to leave and face parental notification.
Please note the following if you are planning to host a guest:
- A resident may sign in up to two guests at any one time.
- At any time, each traditional room or apartment is limited to a maximum of three (3) times the number of residents present.
- Residents are responsible for the behavior of their guests. Hosts must ensure that guests abide by all University and residence hall policies.
- The rights of Westfield State University residents shall take precedence over the rights of guests. Specifically, residents have the right to restrict guest presence in their own rooms, particularly in the case of overnight guests.
- A guest's stay may not exceed three (3) overnights in any week (Monday-Sunday).
- Any guest who is not a current Westfield State University student must be signed in and escorted at all times by the host. Failure to follow the correct sign-in policy will result in guest removal from campus and guest restrictions for the host.
If you have any questions regarding the Guest Policy please feel free to visit your RA or RD for additional information. You may also contact our main office at 413- 572-5402.