Graduate and Continuing Education at Westfield State University supports our community educators and those aspiring to be educators by offering a Teacher Incentive program to provide assistance to those looking to further their education as teachers.
In order to be eligible for the Teacher Incentive program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
All graduate-level teacher licensure students.
- Pass the Communication and Literacy MTEL
- Remain in good academic standing
- Be admitted into one of the master's teacher licensure program through Graduate and Continuing Education as shown below:
- Biology, 8-12, Initial, M.Ed.
- Early Childhood PreK-2, Initial, M.Ed.
- Elementary 1-6, Initial, M.Ed.
- English, Initial, M.A.
- History, 5-12, Initial, M.Ed.
- Mathematics, 5-8, 8-12, Initial, M.Ed.
- Moderate Disabilities, Pre-K-8, Initial, M.Ed.
- Moderate Disabilities, 5-12, Initial, M.Ed.
- Reading Specialist, Initial, M.Ed.
- Graduate students are charged $360* per credit rather than $383 per credit.
*Above rates are effective Fall 2022 and are subject to change without advanced notice.