Graduate and Continuing Education MSW Accepted Students
Congratulations on your Acceptance to the MSW Program at Westfield State University!
We would like to welcome you as a new student. We are excited that you will be joining our community. Don't forget to use #westyaccepted on social media to share the good news with your family and friends!
Next Steps to Start Your Education!
The Social Work faculty and staff wish to congratulate you on your acceptance into the MSW Program at Westfield State University. To help prepare you to begin the program in the fall, the accompanying documents below will provide you with some important information about our courses, advising, registration, and summer orientation programs. After you have reviewed your program of study, listed in your admissions letter, please:
- Download, and review your program of study and complete the program of study attestation form here
- Please review the academic policies, regulations, and procedures in the Graduate Catalog on the Westfield State.
- Once you review the catalog, please complete the receipt of policy form to indicate that you understand these policies.
- FOR: Advanced standing and traditional full-time students ONLY: Review the Field Placement information below and complete your Field Orientation and Field Application within 10 days of accepting your admission offer
- Review the MSW orientation options below and sign up here
- Activate your myWestfield account. Check your Westfield email account regularly. If you experience difficulty with your myWestfield account, please contact the Help Desk. *Please note: Your myWestfield login is different than the online application login.
- Complete your Fall Course Registration preference.
The MSW Program has a required Student Orientation for all incoming students that will be held in June. This year orientation will be held virtually via Zoom on Wednesday, June 7 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. or Thursday, June 15 from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Please go to this link to confirm which night you would like to attend: MSW Orientation Registration Form. Once you register, you will receive a Zoom link to attend orientation for your selected day.
At the orientation session, you will meet some of the MSW faculty and staff, review program requirements and receive other important information about the program, learn more about Westfield State University, and discuss advising and the registration process. In preparation for the orientation, please review your individual program of study below.
Field Orientation and Application
The field education process is pivotal to launching competent professional social workers and is a partnership involving the Social Work Program, Field Education Program, Social Work Faculty and Staff, Community Partners, Field Instructors, and Social Work Students. Field practicum experiences occur in a variety of settings, including child welfare, medical, educational, criminal justice, mental health, addiction, and a wide range of other settings where generalist and advanced clinical practice can be learned and applied. Students have the opportunity to work with many diverse ethnic and cultural groups and may work with individuals, families, groups, organizations, communities and governmental and non-governmental entities.
Please follow the links below to complete your field orientation and field application form.
Prior to Starting Your First Semester
Prior to Starting Your First Semester:
- Sign up for the Emergency Notification System through myWestfield.
- Purchase your textbooks through the WSU bookstore.
- Purchase a parking pass if you are taking on-campus courses.
During Your First Semester:
- If you are taking 9 or more credits as an undergraduate student, or 6.75 or more credits as a graduate student, enroll or waive your health insurance.
- Complete the online Sexual Assault Prevention course.
Instructions will be emailed to you the first week of classes. The course can be accessed through your myWestfield account under the “Campus Life” tab.