Congratulations on your Acceptance to Westfield State University!
We would like to welcome you as a new student. We are excited that you will be joining our community. Don't forget to use #westyaccepted on social media to share the good news with your family and friends!
Next Steps for Admitted Students
- After you have been accepted, let us know you’re attending Westfield! Confirm you will be attending by completing the form sent to you via email.
- After you have received your welcome letter via email, contact your academic advisor to schedule an advising appointment. Your advisor's contact information can be found here. Welcome emails are generally sent within a week after confirming acceptance. Please check your email spam or junk folder if not received.
- Activate your myWestfield account. Check your Westfield email account regularly. If you experience difficulty with your myWestfield account, please contact the Help Desk. *Please note: Your myWestfield login is different than the online application login. Students will be loaded into PLATO the weekend before the semester begins. Students will not see their PLATO courses until 8:00 a.m. on the first day of classes.
- Sign up for the Emergency Notification System through myWestfield.
- Register for classes through myWestfield under the “Registration” tab. Payment information is on our Registration website.
- Purchase your textbooks through the WSU bookstore.
- Purchase a parking pass if you are taking on-campus courses.
During Your First Semester
- If you are taking 9 or more credits as an undergraduate student, or 6.75 or more credits as a graduate student, enroll or waive your health insurance.
- Complete the online Sexual Assault Prevention course.
Instructions will be emailed to you the first week of classes. The course can be accessed through your myWestfield account under the “Campus Life” tab.
Graduate Student Orientation
If you are a new graduate student please complete the form below to register for a graduate orientation. Please note, students accepted into the ABA, Counseling, MSW, and PA programs do not need to complete this form as you will have a specific orientation offered through your department.