Students will demonstrate a comprehension of the following core concepts from the molecular to ecosystem level:
- Evolution: Change over time and mechanisms involved
- Structure and function: How the shape of something affects performance
- Energy transformation: Energy capture, use and transfer
- Information flow: Transmission and interpretation of biological information
- Systems: Interaction and organization of components
Students will be able to:
- Apply the process of science.
- Apply quantitative reasoning to biological questions.
- Work effectively as a team.
- Properly use laboratory and field equipment and techniques in an accurate, safe manner.
- Contextualize scientific topics as it relates to society using scientific literature.
- Communicating and listening to those who have differing view points and perspectives in a collegial and respectful manner.
- Communication of ideas effectively both orally and in writing.
These Learning Outcomes and additional useful information is also available in the Student Handbook.