Applying for VA Benefits

You may apply for your VA education benefits with the Veterans Administration online (preferable) or obtain a hard copy of the application form (VA Form 22-1990) that can be processed and mailed to the VA Regional Processing Office at 130 South Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, NY 14202.  The VA will issue the corresponding approval paperwork which you should then submit to the Certifying Official.  Your attendance must be verified by the Certifying Official initially and each semester thereafter.


Westfield State's School Certifying Official:
Justin Marques
(413) 572-8420
Bates Hall, Room 15

A complete road map to help you apply and submit an online application.

Important Information about Military Separation/Discharge Papers

A Report of Separation ( DD214)  is issued upon completion of at least 90 consecutive days of active duty service in the military, and is needed to verify military service for educational benefits.  It is important to retain this document for your records because requesting a duplicate from the VA may take longer than expected.  Request Your Discharge Papers