Transfer of Military Credits
Credit for Military Experience
Westfield State University offers students with military experience the opportunity to receive graduation credit for this experience. Official documentation of military experience must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar or the Division of Graduate and Continuing Education Office for evaluation. (Applicants for admission to the full-time Day Division should submit military documents along with other application credentials to the Office of Admission.)
To apply for credit for military experience, students must submit official copies of their military transcripts.
The Army, Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard have consolidated their respective transcript services.
Army, Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard
- Each of these services now uses Joint Service Transcript (JST) system. This system automatically captures your training, experience and standardized test scores.
- Go to https://jst.doded.mil/jst/, register for an account (if you don’t have a CAC card) and order an official transcript to be sent to Westfield State University. It usually takes only a few days before they are sent.
- The Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) automatically captures your training, experience and standardized test scores. Transcript information may be viewed at the CCAF web site.
- Go to https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/Barnes/CCAF/Display/Article/803247/community-college-of-the-air-force-transcripts/ for more information or to order transcripts.
- Be aware that CCAF transcripts are sent by mail and can take weeks to arrive at the school.
- Under most circumstances, Veterans are eligible to use their former service branches transcript program. However if you are not eligible for JST or CCAF system transcripts then you will need to provide your DD-214 Discharge Document to receive credit or your experience.
Credit for military experience is treated as community college-level course work and is subject to all University policies regarding transfer course work.