During office hours (9am-5pm, M-F): crisis counseling is available to assess and manage mental health emergencies. To access these services, call the Counseling Center at (413) 572-5790.
For phone/text/online crisis services:
- National 24-hour crisis textline: text HOME to 741741
- National 24-hour suicide prevention lifeline: (800) 273-TALK (8255)
- In cases of domestic violence or sexual assault, YWCA-New Beginnings has a 24-hour hotline: (800) 479-6245.
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network) is a national resource site with a 24/7 Sexual Assault phone and chat hotline for survivors and their loved ones: call (800) 656-HOPE (4673) or click the RAINN link to access their chat hotline.
If you require on-campus after-hours mental health crisis services:
- If you are a residential student, the first step is to contact your RA or RD.
- You may also contact Public Safety at (413) 572-5262.
If you require off-campus after-hours mental health crisis services:
- Non-residential students, or students who wish to utilize a community resource, can call BHN (Behavioral Health Network) Crisis at (413) 568-6386.
- Students outside of Westfield but still in MA: you can find the phone number to your nearest mental health emergency services program by calling (877) 382-1609 and entering your zipcode, or click this link for a listing by area in MA.
- Students outside of MA: utilize the phone/text crisis services above to connect you to your local mental health emergency services provider.