During office hours (9am-5pm, M-F): crisis counseling is available to assess and manage mental health emergencies. To access these services, call the Counseling Center at (413) 572-5790.
For 24/7 phone call and text crisis services:
- BHN Local Crisis Line: (413) 733-6661
- Crisis Text Line: Send a text to 741-741
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline:
1 (800) 273-8255 (English)
1 (888) 628-9454 (Spanish)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1 (800) 656-4673
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1 (800) 799-7233 or text "START" to 88788
- Massachusetts Statewide Crisis Line: 1 (877) 382-1609
If you require on-campus after-hours mental health crisis services:
- If you are a residential student, the first step is to contact your RA or RD.
- You may also contact Public Safety at (413) 572-5262.
If you require off-campus after-hours mental health crisis services:
- Non-residential students, or students who wish to utilize a community resource, can call the BHN Local Crisis Line listed above.
- Students outside of Westfield but still in MA: you can find the phone number to your nearest mental health emergency services program by calling the Massachusetts Statewide Crisis Line listed above.
- Students outside of MA: utilize all other resources listed above.
My SSP App
My SSP App is a supplemental mental health support phone app that provides 24/7 multilingual talk or text chat options, as well as various mental health and wellness resources. My SSP App is available free from the Counseling Center to all students and is not meant to replace counseling or emergency services.