- Dog Therapy: Dog Therapy occurs throughout each semester. At the dog therapy events, the WSU community can enjoy spending time with therapy dogs on campus. Dog therapy happens outside on the quad. In inclement weather, dog therapy is in the front of the mailroom in Lammers Hall. Notification of the times and location of the event occurs via the Presence app and the Counseling Center’s Instagram page.
- Relaxation Coaching: A non-counseling 1:1 coaching appointment with a trained intern. This opportunity consists of four meetings that explore the definition of stress, its symptoms, responses to stress, and goal setting. These sessions also dive into specific areas of coping skills to help with anxiety, including resilience, mindfulness, relaxation techniques, and cognitive restructuring. Each session also teaches skills for the student to take home and practice throughout the week. Each appointment is approximately 30 minutes long.
- Nutritional Guidance: Offered for free to the WSU community by a nutritionist on Mondays.
- Fresh Check Day: Every year the counseling center works alongside the campus community to implement Fresh Check Day on campus to promote mental health and suicide prevention.
- Telus Health Student Support App: A supplemental mental health support phone app that provides 24/7 multilingual talk or text chat options. The app also has mental health and wellness resources. Telus Health Student Support App is a free service to all students. However, it's not supposed to replace counseling or emergency services. To get more information and to download, click here.