Families that are actively aware and maintain open communication lines with their students can be a valuable support to them. Below are some resources for families of college students.
- College Parents of America: Financial resources for students and their families
- PFLAG: Support, information, and resources for families of LGBTQ+ students
- CHADD: Variety of resources for students with ADHD and their families
- FCSN: Variety of resources for students with varying disabilities and their families
- NAMI: Variety of resources for supporting family members with varying mental health conditions
- WSU Sexual Assault Information: A brief overview of Title IX
- Love is Respect: Resources for supporting loved ones who have experienced abuse, sexual assault, stalking, etc.
- SAMHSA: Resources for supporting loved ones struggling with varying mental health conditions and/or substance use
- SPRC: Suicide prevention resources for families
How the Counseling Center Assists Families:
Families can contact the Counseling Center for information about services offered. Detailed information about Counseling Center Services is also on the Counseling Services page. Families can also contact us to request referrals and resources.
We are not able to talk with families in any way about their student's participation in counseling without the written consent of release of information from the student. Confidentiality is a very important part of the counseling relationship we establish with students.